How to make friends in Kuwait?

How can one meet new friends in Kuwait outside the work circle, especially someone who is a female?

I think it's somehow hard to come across new people in Kuwait. I noticed small cultural communities are closed to others who do not share the same language or culture.

Thank you:)

Welcome to Expat.com morningdue!;)

Harmonie.

welcome to kuwait morningdue, maybe you should put something more about yourself your likes, hobbies etc.

Good luck hope you will make loads of good friends,

it's so difficult, as most people in kuwait are not friedly

depends on who you are socializing with eltot ;)

yeah but i mean the majority

so if one person is finding it difficult to make friends then it is the majorities fault? doesnt sound fair to me

and why dont u say that if also someone sees it's easy to have friends here, it will not reflect the majority's attitude

Do not say that
I would like to be your friend

:D:D

thanks kuwaiti gir, it's my pleasure to be friends, but is there real activity related to this forum

it all depends on your attitude, if you've given up, then there's really not much anyone can do to change that.

when it comes to socializing, you get what you put in. but it also depends on your approach and who you are approaching.

but giving up, sorry, thats not really an option.

I joined two groups that focus on expats and it has kept me busy and allowed me to meet new people.  I've been here not even a month and I have gone to several bbq's, a house party, out to dinner numerous times, with some friends to a shisha place (even though I don't smoke) a couple of times, shopping at the mall and even to church.  So there are people to meet and things to do, but you have to go out of your comfort zone and go places and join groups that you normally might not join.

and how did u find those 2 groups, u met them on this forum

One I found on facebook and the other through meetup.com.  Also, in the back of the EEK magazine are listings for all kinds of classes and groups.  To find a church I just did a little research. I knew since last November that I would be arriving in August so I just started reaching out to people.  Also, you can notice the information Legacy often gives about rugby here in Kuwait, and they are quite social.  There is also the AWARE center and they hold classes.  Maybe a class isn't your thing, but it's a good way to meet people.

:one thank you lme :D