All about Cairo

Hi
I am being given an offer to relocate to Cairo. I am currently in UK near to London. Could someone help me understand the life in Cairo as compared to UK or may be Indian as I basically come from India.
1. Accommodation
2. Possibility of getting an accommodation near to work (My exact work location is not known yet)
3. Cost of Owning a car
4. Overall cost of living for a decent UK-like life style (Here I live in a 2bed duplex house, own a used car, live very comfortable with my wife)
5. Social Life, local language & hospitality
6. Other facilities in the neighbourhood (community centres, gym, libraries, malls, indian groceries etc)
7. Food & restaurants
8. Safety

Anything that you can advise on top of this please.

Thanks

hi jrama nice to meet u here in the forume
im from egypt and ill give you the advise that you want
i know that the indian investment here in egypt grows in the last 5 years but most of them in building the industries in the industrial areas (6'th october & 10'th men ramadan)
so your a Accommodation is depend on where you will work
i can tell you some answers if you will live in cairo
1- about the Accommodation with your wife i prefer you buy an appartement while you are in egypt and you can sell itbefore you leaving thats will save more money for you . how much will you pay it's depend on the location but the cheapest salary in a good place with club and 2bed duplex house is about 250,000$
if u take it as a rent you will pay 1500$/month
for the car
car here in egypt is expensive than uk
so you can buy a comfortable (mitsubishi lancer =  20,000 $) used.
for the community centres, gym, libraries, malls, indian groceries u can found what you want easly at (carfour or citystars )
for more help i can help you in what you want if ypu want to buy or want to rent
and i have a freind work with indian people i can know how u can communicate with them
and you are wellcome in your country