VIETNAM FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT

Apples at the Co-op are, in HCM anyway, pretty expensive, especially the red ones.
So we opt for native fruits.

Bazza,

Yea, the red ones are really expensive at the Co-op too!

You can relax.   I have a Dell too, Dill...    :happy:

Pickle?

Hmnn...   ..possibly with the mode of the moderators..?

They can be sweet or sour; contingent with content...   :happy:

I hope that this is the appropriate place to make what I believe is a constructive suggestion.   When one is in the forum at the Forum>Asia>Vietnam level you can see all posts from all sub-forums within Vietnam.  Conversely, if one is at for example Forum>Asia>Vietnam>Hanoi you can't see posts in forums for the other cities.  This is appropriate but you also cannot see posts at the Forum>Asia>Vietnam parent level if they are posted directly at that level.   Can this be changed or is it written "in stone" in the program code?  I think posts to sticky threads like this may show up from all forums but the stickies may be an exception.

THIGV :

I hope that this is the appropriate place to make what I believe is a constructive suggestion.   When one is in the forum at the Forum>Asia>Vietnam level you can see all posts from all sub-forums within Vietnam.  Conversely, if one is at for example Forum>Asia>Vietnam>Hanoi you can't see posts in forums for the other cities.  This is appropriate but you also cannot see posts at the Forum>Asia>Vietnam parent level if they are posted directly at that level.   Can this be changed or is it written "in stone" in the program code?  I think posts to sticky threads like this may show up from all forums but the stickies may be an exception.

Can you post this at "Contact us" Link found at bottom of page. It is the weekend so you may not get a reply straight away.

THIGV :

Thanks for the suggestion.
The most appropriate forum for this post is Help us improve the website.
I'm sure the IT guys in the team keep an eye on that forum.

Usually designers and programmers stick to the principle of parent-child (super-sub) logical structure to avoid repetition. The super block works as an aggregator of all the subs.
In case of a change (as you've suggested) , to maintain uniformity in the overall design of this website, all sub-forums in all countries will (need to)  be changed.

I took SimCityAT's advice and went through the Contact US at the bottom of the page.  If I don't get a response I will use your suggestion.  Also I did a little more checking.  Some but not all stickies are visible from all sub-forums.  For instance, from the Danang sub-forum, one can only see this thread and A WEBSITE FOR EXPATS.....  Seems as though the stickies should show up everywhere as the others are visa related.

THIGV :

I took SimCityAT's advice and went through the Contact US at the bottom of the page.  If I don't get a response I will use your suggestion.  Also I did a little more checking.  Some but not all stickies are visible from all sub-forums.  For instance, from the Danang sub-forum, one can only see this thread and A WEBSITE FOR EXPATS.....  Seems as though the stickies should show up everywhere as the others are visa related.

That's good. You'll get a response from the team.
Yes, the algorithm for stickies needs to be reviewed.
What's happening at the moment is, they appear at the top of those forums or sub-forums in which they were originally posted (before being marked as stickies). That's how a sticky normally works.
Again, the super forum 'Vietnam' aggregates all the stickies from all sub-forums in the Vietnam section .... not the other way round.

expat.com :

LANGUAGE:

For better understanding and interaction with the other members, we invite you to post your messages in English.

ADMIN:

Perhaps this could be amended to allow posts in other languages, as long as an English translation is also included. Easy to accomplish with Google translate--example:
-----
Có lẽ điều này có thể được sửa đổi để cho phép các bài viết bằng các ngôn ngữ khác, miễn là một bản dịch tiếng Anh cũng được bao gồm. Dễ dàng thực hiện với Google translate - ví dụ:

OceanBeach92107 :
expat.com :

LANGUAGE:

For better understanding and interaction with the other members, we invite you to post your messages in English.

ADMIN:

Perhaps this could be amended to allow posts in other languages, as long as an English translation is also included. Easy to accomplish with Google translate--example:
-----
Có lẽ điều này có thể được sửa đổi để cho phép các bài viết bằng các ngôn ngữ khác, miễn là một bản dịch tiếng Anh cũng được bao gồm. Dễ dàng thực hiện với Google translate - ví dụ:

That would mean team member would have to translate all non-English text to make sure the foreign language is an actual translation, not something the poster is trying to hide.

Fred :
OceanBeach92107 :
expat.com :

LANGUAGE:

ADMIN:

-----

That would mean team member would have to translate all non-English text to make sure the foreign language is an actual translation, not something the poster is trying to hide.

And anyway, Google translate isn’t actualy that good

"..And anyway, Google translate isn’t actualy that good..."

Tsk!   'tis so!   Actually becomes act-u-all-lie(s)

..but I admit I use-u-all (a) lie too often...     :unsure

Fred :
OceanBeach92107 :
expat.com :

LANGUAGE:

ADMIN:

-----

And respectfully Fred, that goes to the point I was making to you in a PM:

There is a lot of software already out there that would allow you to do that as quickly as you could glance at it.

For example:

Facebook already uses technology on my music business page (not my personal profile) which allows me to post a single message and then choose how many different languages in which I want it to be able to be read.

It works like this:

When a person creates a personal profile on Facebook, they choose their country AND their preferred language.

When I post my message in English, if I choose that it can be viewed in German/Deutsch, then all of my fans in Germany/Deutschland will automatically see the message in German.

The same is true for my many fans in Indonesia, as well as the few fans I have in Iraq.

So your reading software (as a moderator) could be set to automatically have you read everything in your own language.

Think about that: You all wouldn't have to be literate in English. You could have a moderator who only reads Chinese moderating a forum for Saudi Arabia. AND, every single member could do the same thing, so anyone could post in any language and we could all read it.

I'm just saying, don't let your code of conduct convince you that certain things can't be done, because the sky is no longer the limit in the digital age.

Thanks!

Gordy

Fred: !!!

"Think about that: You all wouldn't have to be..?"

..but just you, Fred.   No longer just the average Avatar,
for the stars are already within reach of yer grubby claws.
   (sorry: paws)

Now we have self-drive cars going where no car went before,
so yes, with a little boost from our rocket-science friends..?
(digital dramatics another option..?)

Who knows?   You might become an event horizon...     :huh:

..eventually..?

Bazza139 :

Fred: !!!

"Think about that: You all wouldn't have to be..?"

..but just you, Fred.   No longer just the average Avatar,
for the stars are already within reach of yer grubby claws.
   (sorry: paws)

Now we have self-drive cars going where no car went before,
so yes, with a little boost from our rocket-science friends..?
(digital dramatics another option..?)

Who knows?   You might become an event horizon...     :huh:

..eventually..?

Hmm paws - er pause - for throughout - er, thought, their - umm, there.

Thanks admin for this site. It's informative and helpful for someone who is seeking new opportunities else where.

Salute*

Sounds reasonable