In BA from November 20 - 29

Hola - I'm traveling to BA later this November and I was hoping for some tips from the local expats.  I will be staying in Palermo Hollywood.  Just wondered if there were any suggestions on restaurants, clubs, events, etc. that I should try to check out while down there.  I have all the guide books, but would love to hear some suggestions that are off the beaten path. 

Boca Juniors game on 22/11 is the only thing on the itinerary thus far.

Thanks for your help!!

Ciao,

Chris

Hey Chris,

I see you are from Denver.  I am from Boulder and have been living down here working since August.

Here are the things to see in BA:

La Bomba del Tiempo in Konex (in Abasto, a barrio of BA)
La Boca (the painted colored street)
Recoleta Cemetary - really cool, where Evita is burried
Puerto Madero - near San Telmo, very ritzy but nice to walk along the water
San Telmo Market - Sundays on Defensa Street
MALBA museum - best museum (in my opinion) in BA. They have a great exhibit on Andy Warhol right now

As for nightlife, depends what you are in to.  Most music in clubs is electronic or reggaton.  Boliches (clubs) are scattered throughout the city but you can find a lot of them in Palermo and the Centro.  There are a few in San Telmo too.

Your best bet would be to buy a "Time Out" magazine when you arrive.  It has all the information on restaurants, bars and clubs for people to go see and do.

I host a group called Drinking Liberally on my private terrace every week.  We have drinks and enjoy a do-it-yourself taco bar. 

We usually host between 12 and 35 people each week starting at 9pm and ending whenever the last person leaves (sometimes as late as 6am the next morning).

The people vary with a majority of Argentines some weeks and expats others.  Two weeks ago I counted 11 different nationalities were represented.

For more info:  http://www.wynnwoods.com/drinkingliberally.htm