Which city to move to?

My wife and I are preparing to open the Australian subsidiary of her U.S. company.  Where to locate ourselves and the business is up to us pretty much though locating in or near one of the major cities is probably where we are heading.  Anyone have thoughts on the different major cities and pros/cons of each?  We're thinking Melbourne or Sydney, should we consider other spots?

For business the best spots are Melbourne and Sydney.
Sydney is faster pace and a little bit more expensive than Melbourne. Melbourne has four seaons in a day and Sydney's weather a bit more predicatable and not that cold...
Having been to both, public transport is good is both and lots to see and do in both. however I live on the Gold Coast, Queensland and work as an analyst programmer in Brisbane amd and the lifestyle is what drew me here!

Most of my expat friends have moved to Melbourne as they Sydney is very congested and said they found work it easier to find work and live in Melbourne.

I found it just as easy in Queensland. One thing I can say is don't restrict yourself, a place will draw you to it!

what kind of company are you planning to set in Australia?

I'm Alan's wife and the business is a Direct Sales Home Party Plan company.  While it is quite exciting, the prospect of moving across the world, with 14yr old in tow, is a little overwhelming at the moment. So many questions!!

We have decided on Melbourne. Now we need to settle on a suburb, a secondary school, find a house, pack our things, etc... and that's just our personal family stuff. I am also working on the business side of things with my partner who is remaining in the US to run the established part of the business.

I would SO appreciate some encouragement. *grin

Dana

We have come to Melbourne from Atlanta and we love it!

Great public transport, gardens and cafes.

it may be a good idea to go to Brisbane do some research on there its not as hectic as sydney and melbourne is so very spread out.I have lived all three and prefer fine food and a more relaxed style of life.

wow so much information dont know where to start looking for work,houses,medicare,car. head burtsing with things to do