Are dogs allowed in Riyadh

Hello All,

Are dogs allowed in Riyadh?
If so, what are the required documents/steps?
Are there any dog friendly compounds in Riyadh?

Thank you,

Yes, dogs are certainly allowed as long as they come with the nmecessary paperwork. Almostr all compounmds have pet dogs within them. I have no clue about the required procedures and documentation. One place to find out would be at the Vets in Riyadh.

You'll probably have to get it a visa :lol:

Iqama, you mean? Lolz. No way..... Just kidding puddy tat, I guess?

There was a joke floating around about a Lion who was in a Zoo in Africa who was bought by a local Zoo here and was being shipped to Riyadh. The animal was very pleased thinking that he would now have all the comforts of Aircon, a sheep a day, compared to the bones he was getting back in Africa etc etc. On arrivale he was sent to his cage and found to his amazement that the zookeeper in Riyadh was only giving him a bunch of bananas every single day. Troubled by this situation, and hungry as hell too, the Lion decided to question the zookeeper, who happenedd to be from Kerala.

"hey zookeeper, whats this, I am a Lion, King of the Jungle, I eat meat and you keep giving me bananas every day?"

The zookeeper responds,

"So sorry my friend, Mr Lion, it says on your papers that you have been brought here on a Monkey visa and procedure has it that we need to feed you with Bananas..."

make sure your dog take the swine flu vaccination lol ...;)

but I think you need special arrangement to bring it here.

Thank you all...

BTW, I am looking for a one or two bedroom Appt. in a dog friendly compound, any info will be greatly appreciated

hello

Dogs are allowed to enter Saudi Arabia, but a difficult and complex procedures .

And I advise that the intercourse with it because it is unacceptable to us

Hello Abdu245,

thanks for the post, I am just not clear about the second part.

What do you mean by "intercourse with it" and "unacceptable to us".

thanks,

i mean

we don't like dogs

so  When you take a dog outside the compound

people don't like see dogs

is it clear ?

NewComer, Apartments in Compounds are rather diffoicult to find these days. Ive been looking for one for a friend of mine and every place is full with waituing lists for months on end. You have to look around or settle for an apartment outside a Compound. Seems like compounds are very much in demand these days...?

Thank you Musicman......

Abdu,

Bit of advice on your English, my friend:  'Intercourse' refers to sexual relations.

I don't know about anybody else who read your comment, but I damned near fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!!!! :D

Abdu,

Bit of advice on your English, my friend:  'Intercourse' refers to sexual relations.

I don't know about anybody else who read your comment, but I damned near fell off my chair laughing!!!!!!!!!

thank you

i didn't mean that

sometimes i need to google translation to find the meanings

Intercourse can also mean interaction, if looked at from a different view... the SI is just one aspect of it....

musicman,

trust me.. as a native speaker of English from the USA, the word 'intercourse' is only used in one way!

pffffffffffft ... :lol:

nobody read that, ok? :whistle:

Umm, Abdu, I wana ask you something please.

I mean really? people don't like to see dogs? but why?
I was thinking about getting a watch dog for home. :blink:

Thanks,
Salman

wow.. I can't believe you don't know this, Salman!

It seems that if you have a dog, angels from heaven cannot enter your home.

Because dogs are considered unclean, if you touch a dog, you must clean your hands seven times, the last time with sand.

Alliecat wrote:

musicman,

trust me.. as a native speaker of English from the USA, the word 'intercourse' is only used in one way!

Ever heard of Social Intercourse?
The Brits taught us different, I guess?

Ohh PuddyTat, I forgot. They dont speak English in the USA. Thats called the American Language, like all else.... Didnt you know? They even have a dictionary titled, "Dictionary pof the American language" which, if you listen to you will surely get DOUBLE zero for dictation.

social intercourse? :D

Oh yes.. I believe I heard that expression once.  In a 1940's black and white movie about Brits in colonial India haha

now were not pushing the wrong buttons are we? :blink: I certianly hope not, lol.

Abdu, I'm still waiting. :)

But its the language of the Queen, anyways. The only thing that America couldnt invent, I guess?

Oh, I dunno.. plenty of 'queens' in the States (ever been to San Francisco? LOL).

Oh sure, but those Queen's dont have anything to do with lingo
They are too busy fighting to safeguard their rights even in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave....

Yep, they're battling the religious right (our equiv. of the Mutawa, come to think of it haha).

The only difference may be the LONG beards and the SHORT thobes...?

Huh?! :blink:

pay attention! Musicman is correct. Our religious right do not wear short thobes nor do they have full beards.

In fact, they are referred to irreverently by many as 'Bible thumpers'!  (had you heard that expression before?)

Oh yes Ive heard of ythe B-Thumpers way back when. They used to knock on our doors at home back in SL too with their little pamphlets and sayinmgs and asking "Jesus is Coming, Are you Ready?". My stock response was, "I think we've waited long enough, would you like a cuppa tea in the meantime?" and I used to give them an English Transdlation of the Qur'an, saying "Read this too, in your free time", which I had in plenty at home duroing that era as my Grandpa was involved in socio-religious activities and work with a local Muslim organization in Colombo, then. Those who took the Qur'an never returned ever again. I hope it did some good to their thought process?

In my personal view, religion is a very personal matter between an individual and his belief system and should not be poured down peoples throats by force or by unscrupulous means of proselytization that we see, sometimes, across the board amongst many groups. Teaching is one thing  and preaching is another. I believe it was Prophet Jesus who said, as quoted in the Bible, that "let him who hath no sin on him cast the first stone"?

Guys, I say lets have a different forum about religious discussion and keep this one about dogs. 

BTW, anyone knows where I can get an import permit for my dog?

Theres no harm in bringing religious issues into topics that involve religion as long as no offensive statements are made. We should be able to speak freely on this forum. After all its a democratuic site, as I understand?

This discussion is about dogs in Riyadh, so please start a new discussion if you would like to talk about something else. Thanks !

Agree Julien, but Dogs do have an issue with Islam, thats the only reason why it has popped up here. Sometimes its tough to keep things apart when they have commonalities.

Great Question - I also need an import permit for my dog.  Hopefully someone can provide guidance.  I have my husbands HR Dept working on this issue too.  Thanks in advance for the help! :)

You need to get an import permit from the Dept of Agriculture & Fisheries. They will ask you to provide all details of your pet, his pet passport with uptodate shots and you will also need to administer an anti-rabies shot 2 weeks prior to arrival in saudi.

Make sure you apply for an Iqama that staes "DOG" in the profession box or else the poor critter will end up eating bananas.

Thanks MusicMan,

Does anyone know if we can bring the dog prior to Igamma?