Hallo from the US!

Guten Tag!

I'm writing to all of you to ask for your assistance. I'm a US citizen looking to relocate to Germany permanently, specifically to the Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg area. However, before I can do so, I need to find employment. I'm an IT professional with nearly 20 years of experience, half of it in senior leadership. I'm in the process of learning German to become fluent and to be able to receive my proficiency certification at level B2.

The question, and assistance, that I ask from you is does anyone have any information regarding companies that will hire native english speakers that are learning German? Specifically in the Information Technology field? Further, does anyone have any information regarding placement firms or "headhunters" that could help me in this regard? I have all of my information ready, my CV, photo, etc. and am ready to get started and relocate as soon as possible but I just have this one last task to finish!

Thanks to everyone in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello lookitsrich.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to read these articles on Work in Germany.

You can post an advert in the Jobs in Hamburg section as well. It can help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

Hello,

Welcome to Expat.com :) I am also working in IT here in Hamburg and am still learning German. I moved to Hamburg since January when i found a job. You can send me a private message and tell me more about what you are looking for as a job in IT. I could maybe help :)

Regards
Stephane

Thank you so very much Aurélie and Stephane! I am really very new to this process and while I have done quite a bit of research, the direct knowledge of how to approach this wonderful next step in my life and the advice is so very much appreciated.

All the Best

Rich