Work in IT/Robotics in Norway for foreigner.

Hi!

I want to ask how look job market for foreigner's in Norway. I have 6 years work experiance in IT segment (web design, web security, programming, system administration (windows, unix) etc.) now i want go to school to do a master degree in electronic/robotics. I know very well Java, C++, Assembler, GPU programming,  AutoCad, 3ds Max in free time i design robots and stuff Next year i also start to learn Japanese and Norwegian. Then i want move to Norway and stay there. Is it possible?

Hi meliegree and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

You could post an ad in the job in Norway section as well.

I wish you good luck,
Christine

Meliegree: I think that because you work in IT you might have a slight chance because it is one of the very few sectors in which they take in non-Norwegian speaking people, but since you say you will be starting to learn Norwegian it couldnt be better.

I advice you to look for jobs on the following websites:

www.finn.no/jobbwww.nav.no

On the first site the trick is to type in a keyword search which brings out the English speaking jobs and they are soo few, maybe for every 500 job posts only 1 is an English job....the second website is a job search site as well as information site for foreigners - click on the British flag for English

You are from Poland and it's should be fairly straight forward for you in regard to visa allthough Norway is not in the EU.

Hi Meliegree
I am IT Professional from India. Even i am planning to
Come to Norway. I like your robotics subject
But i dont know about it except basic. I think we
Should chat

Take care
Prakash