Hurghada

Hi expats!

After doing some research, I have decided to move to Hurghada. If possible, can someone tell me more exclusively about Hurghada. I love to learn some information based on experience and overall opinion.

hi
my name is Ramy/living and working in hurghada - red sea
hurghada really is a fantastic city to live and work

but actually tell me you inquires specifically ?

you can send me on my email if you want : [email protected]

It is a wonderful city to live and work for some who have a job, or income, a generally more difficult city for who does not have a job or whose profession does not directly relate to tourism or real estate. If you are a professional nurse, (this what I understood from your profile) have you done your maths before moving to Hurghada? The few nursing jobs are available are filled by Egyptian nurses who will of course cost less than a foreigner.

If you think it will be easy to get a job in a hotel, unless you know somebody or are fluent in Russian and German it is highly unlikely.

I'm sure you might have done some research and evaluate your options, still if you are a professional nurse from USA I would suggest you to spend a few years in KSA or  Qatar, save some hard cash, THEN move to Hurghada, buy properties and rent them out. While Egypt is an easy country to approach (easy visa, cheap housing, etc) might not be so easy on a long run unless you got a good job and a good plan.

This is my advice, but you can go to hurghada and try your luck.

PS You also mentioned having children, if not wrong. There are no great schools in hurghada (and I'm talking about the private ones! forget the schools!, and you do need a resident permit in order to send them to school anyway.

Please think, think, think....think again

erikabrio wrote:

It is a wonderful city to live and work for some who have a job, or income, a generally more difficult city for who does not have a job or whose profession does not directly relate to tourism or real estate. If you are a professional nurse, (this what I understood from your profile) have you done your maths before moving to Hurghada? The few nursing jobs are available are filled by Egyptian nurses who will of course cost less than a foreigner.

If you think it will be easy to get a job in a hotel, unless you know somebody or are fluent in Russian and German it is highly unlikely.

I'm sure you might have done some research and evaluate your options, still if you are a professional nurse from USA I would suggest you to spend a few years in KSA or  Qatar, save some hard cash, THEN move to Hurghada, buy properties and rent them out. While Egypt is an easy country to approach (easy visa, cheap housing, etc) might not be so easy on a long run unless you got a good job and a good plan.

This is my advice, but you can go to hurghada and try your luck.

PS You also mentioned having children, if not wrong. There are no great schools in hurghada (and I'm talking about the private ones! forget the schools!, and you do need a resident permit in order to send them to school anyway.

Please think, think, think....think again

Thank you for your honest opinion about Hurghada! However as a women of high faith in God, I do not balance my life on chances or luck but by reassuring that Our creator will guide me and my family to get the thing we need. Other than nursing, I have other professions under my belt that would benefit the business there in Hurghada. My husband is a network admin in which is job is also outbased in the UK and Germany and has the options to relocate there but we have decided to relocate here in which he will generated well income from home from his employment. Although certain scenarios and or situations may seem tough on the exterior of things: job market, real estate etc. Our creator will guide us in whatever we wish to do. In fact, I am considering on starting my business with my sister there. I make my own beauty products and cleaning solutions using natural resources in which Egypt and Africa alone is rich in. Also I am very knowledgeable  in natural medicine as well, so some where along the line I will utilize it  to my advantage as well, since more and more people are opting to natural remedies instead of Western medicine. I am also can bake as well which can also be utilized as well. The fact of matter is, although I have consideration for your opinion, through having high faith in Our creator we will be fine whether we are in Hurghada, Frankfurt, the UK, US whereever.