American to Saudi Arabia advice

Hello
I am currently in the process on taking a job in Saudi Arabia as a Radiographer/CT technologist, But one big problem, it's only a single status contract no family members are allowed the thing is i am married to Qatari Citizen and i have a 2 year old boy and 7 months old girl.  What would be the best advice i should do to bring my family over to live with me.  the other thing is medical insurance for my kids and wife how is the medical insurance system in Saudi Arabia that are not Saudi Citizen would my kids be covered or do i have to buy a insurance plan

Also what is the average monthly salary for a Radiographer/CT technologist in Saudi Arabia ?

Thank You So much

Hi Hasmad,

Welcome to KSA...

Salaries for Radiographers/CT Scan Technicians can differ from place to place. It alld epends with whom you sign up. There are all types of medical insitutions in this neck of the sands.

For senior level professionals they would certainly pay in excess of SR 15 to 20K per month. SDince you state that you are being ofefred a single status contract it amounts that your role is NOT a senior one which may offer anything between SR 7.5K upwards.

Family visas are usually arranged by the employer and offered as a part of tghe perks within the contract.

Medical Insurance is COMPULSORY here for alle xpats and their families and is USUALLY provided by the employer included within the contract.

You need to find out and confirm. 30 days fully paid Vacation PLUS free airtfare from KSA to home country and back should also be a valid [part of the offer as is the case in mpost jobs here. Good Luck!

Thanks for replying
They offered arounf 4,200 usd plus accomidation and benifits included, but i am still negotiating with the hospital back in the USA i make around 6000 USD a month, the only thing that i am hoping for them to accept me with my family that would be very good if not its not worth my time coming to saudi arabia i am doing fine here in my home country. I would like to live in a islamic counrty i want my family to be brought up in a islamic country.
I am orginaly from Yemen but i lived and worked all my life in the USA.

Thats quite a big sacrifice, financially. Try to negotiate the financial package and up it to abt 6-7K Basicv at least. Good Luck n God Bless!