My second week in dusseldorf

Hi,

I have re-located to the city. Liked the city, have stayed before in Munich as well primarily on long business tours stretching to months together. Would like to get to know some like minded people. As of now have nothing to do apart from office and home and cooking on and off:-)and some chat back home and few evening walks to the market, to keep my self among people. Have travelled extensively around the world in last few years and it's always exciting to understand and experience different cultures and different perspectives.

Like to induldge in topics/discussions for sharing views and understanding others perspective. Generally like to be among people, people to talk to and make freinds.

I have never before used to a blog before to reach out, don't know how the whole thing works, so a bit sceptical to be honest.

Needless to say a coffee or a beer is the best way to initiate a discussion and getting to know.

Br, Sachin

how is it going with settling in and finding friends? I am so envious that you are already there as i can't wait to get there!!
I have just come back from a long weekend there and it has so made me want to go there NOW.
cheers
lorelle

Hi

I live in D 4 months already!
Do you speak German? Maybe we can meet 4 a beer sometime!

Giorgos

Hi how are you getting on? i am now living in Düsseldorf now too. I have been here since September. Do you speak English? i am trying hard to learn German!!

Hi! Yeah i speak english even though the last 8 months try to learn german and when i try to speak english, i think in german and sometimes ...put the verb to the end of the phrase :).

Do you work here or study?

How do you deal with the Germans?

Bis dann!!!

Hi there
i get on with the Germans just fine,although i don't have many German friends here..I would like to make more friends here to have a laugh with.Do you go to the monthly ex-pat meetings at o'reilly's? I have not managed to get to one yet as i dont feel comfortable going on my own for the first time as i do not know anyone there yet.
speak soon
L

Hi!

I have not been there yet! When is the next meeting? I don't unterstand this ..."monthly" thing. If you lost the Januar meeting you have to wait one whole month...:)

I don't like drinking alone but i have done it sometimes. After the third or the fourth drink everything looks like better and at the end i like being by myself but I need to talk, to laugh to dance... Today I began tango dance lessons in a dance school. I went by myself and it was supposed that you can find there a partner to start the lesson.

The only free partner was a 65 years old german who was completely out of  what supposed that tango dance is.

...By the way are you interested in learning tango? think about it...

Of course we can meet for a beer on Thursday or Friday if you want to.

On Thursday i have german lesson until 21:00. If you can we can meet later but it would be better on Friday.

So, I leave u with two things to think about...tango and a coffee/beer on  Friday, and if you want we can talk in Deutsch :rolleyes:

PS
after 8 months in Germany i write english faster than i talk...
weird...oder?

Hi! I have just move to Dusseldorf and I am also looking for friends and plans to go out and meet people! This is my first post in this blog, and i have read about the monthly meetings! Celia, where are they located? I am thinking about going to the next one, it would be funny! Also, if you would like to have a beer or arrange something for the weekend, it would be nice!
I cannot speak german, but i am attending to classes and trying to go after work! But i speak english and spanish.
Cheers!
Maria.

Hi Maria
yet that would be great to meet up for a drink at the weekend, if anyone else is up for a meet up drink at the weekend let me know
cheers
Lorelle

Hey there!
I'm new here too. Also I can speak little German but I'm working on it.
It'd be nice if you let me know when there's something organized in Dusseldorf.
Thanks!