Living in Campinas, Americana or Limeira

My wife and I might be leaving to Brazil pretty soon. reason? Work.

My company is located near Sao Paulo. We are thinking living in any of these 3 cities: Campinas, Americana or Limeira.

What do you guys recomended? Which one is the safest and more things to offer?

About housing? How could I find something thru internet?

Any suggestions are more than welcomed.

Thanks all

I am living in a city nearby Campinas - it's about 40 minutes i guess by car, called Indaiatuba, and well it is VERY nice. I am from Seattle, and honestly i feel extremely safe in this city. i suggest you give it a look. Campinas is quite a huge city, if you prefer very big urban (well obviously not as big as Sao Paulo) but it has it all; huge shopping center, a university, lots and lots of tall apartments, fancy restaurants, etc. However it doesn't have much of a homey safe feel to it. Well you're from Detroit, i guess you know what i mean. Americana, well i haven't spent much time there, i think one night at a bar. it is quieter, much more residential than Campinas. Probably cheaper. haven't been to Limeira, but if you would really like information on it, i'm sure i could get it for you. But i would really suggest looking into Indaiatuba. It's like a Brasilian gem. The city just feels more homey, more like a community, nice restaurants, gyms, surrounded by beautiful countryside, and there is a GREAT park where you can run :) i dunno. i love it. if you would like some more information just let me know - i can get a 26 year resident of this location to give you some better advice, and maybe some help with looking into real estate.

I agree with Malloryelise try Indaiatuba i have just moved here and its ok, not far from SP, and it is a up and coming area improving all the time

salcarean wrote:

My wife and I might be leaving to Brazil pretty soon. reason? Work.

My company is located near Sao Paulo. We are thinking living in any of these 3 cities: Campinas, Americana or Limeira.

What do you guys recomended? Which one is the safest and more things to offer?

About housing? How could I find something thru internet?

Any suggestions are more than welcomed.

Thanks all

Hi - I live in Americana, I moved here with my Brazilian wife six months ago. She was born in Campinas so we know the city well too.

Americana is relatively quiet and safe; I work a lot in Americana , particularly at night and I also cycle a lot around the local area. It has its fair share of bars and restaurants (which can't compete of course with a city like Campinas) and for everything you need, there's usually a solution for it in Americana. In comparison to Campinas, prices are cheaper (property, services etc) but perhaps not the volume of choice and you're another toll away from Sao Paulo too.

Campinas has all the trappings of a big city (cc one million people) - good and bad! Plenty of shopping, bars, restaurants etc but it is expensive - I've heard it's the most expensive city outside of SP. 

Unfortunately I don't know Limeira at all; I believe it's smaller than Americana though.

I'd be interested to hear your conclusion and where you end up.

Good luck!

Hey, I'm Argentinian I was transferred to Brazil in July 2011 , I live in Campinas and its a great city, comfortable, safe, with a lot of options. Don't hesitate to contact me for further details.
cristian

Hello everyone,

This is Amit and I will be moving to Brazil in the month of Feb next year for work  for indefinite period (may be 1 year). I will be visiting Brazil (CampinaS) for the first time hence am clueless on the accomodation and rent sytem part there in Brazil. Could anyone help me on this? Any contact person or number? And most importatntly the approximate price of a 1bhk apartment.
Your efforts will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amit