Job - Sorted, Blog looking for a room, what would you recommend next?

Hello

Moving out shortly and would love some local advice. I will be spending most of my time in Gibraltar but will have to travel up to Marbella around 2 times a week, prompting the questions -

Where would you recommend I live and why?

Can I get to Marbella via public transport?

How long does the boarder crossing take to get across?

Is it easy to make friends in Gibraltar?

Houses just across the boarder, what areas would you suggest?

I already have a post looking for a room/apartment - house share, so if you do know anyone looking for a lodger, please let me know!

If you know anything, even if it seems silly please let me know, it will help with building a mental picture, also if you fancy a drink when I move over send a message.

Many thanks James

Perhaps a little too late since you first posted.  La Linea to Marbella takes about 50 minutes driving.  Not sure if there's a direct bus to Marbella from La Linea.  During the summer and peak times from 5pm border crossing via car can take a long time...one hour or more.  By scooter, bike, foot, no problems at anytime. Probably better for you to live in Spain.  If you don't have a car, then La Linea where there's a bus station. Many live up the coast in residential urbanizations but you need transport to be living there.