Hi all

Hi all. I'm a 35 year old Englishman recently moved to Denmark with my girlfriend. I've been living in Denmark for 6 months and about got myself settled here so ready to branch out and meet people outside of my everyday life.

I've made a few friends through my girlfriend but I'd like to start making my own again. I don't know what the score is with meeting expats in a new country so this is all new to me. Any advice would be great!

As for interests, I have a friendly little dog I regularly take out to see places and I really miss playing pool and sinking a few cold ones in the UK so if there's any pool sharks here, then give me a shout!

The best way that I've found to meet expats is to join expats groups on Facebook and on meetup.com.  My husband (who, strangely, is also an Englishman named Steve in his mid-30s living in DK) tells me that the English expats are less organized and have less meet-ups than the Americans, so it might be worth joining the American groups.  Also, if you're a fan of rugby, there are a few teams that are full of English/Scottish/Irish guys.  And Charlie's Bar is a great local English expat pub.