What city is best for children?

Hello,

we are about to move to Malta with two children (3 years and 1 year old). What city/area would you recommend to move to? I would prefer closenest to beaches with sand and good english schools. Thanks.

Hi Victoria,

welcome to the forum.

Beaches with sand and good english schools don't go together in Malta. There are not many sandy beaches in Malta. The only real options would be Ghadira Bay (near Mellieha), St. Georges Bay (Paceville) and Marsaxlokk in the south.

There are small sandy sections in St. Julians Bay but most of the beaches are rocky.

Where to live really depends on your personal situation (budget, work,social life and schooling).

Check out previous post on the forum. There have been many discussions about these questions in the past.

Cheers
ricky

HELLO VICTORIA22
We moved to malta 3 month ago with a 1 1/2 and a 2 1/2 and we had the same problem , in the end we decided to move to Swieqi which is very close to st. julian and paceville (where there's small fractions of sandy beach ) and pembroke where my 2 1/2 year old will soon attend public kindergarten. When it comes to private english creche there's different ones in every aerea. My 1 1/2 year old is attending at the moment a private creche where every body speaks english and all children are from different countries. I hope this helps
Giuseppina

Giuseppina,

thanks a lot for your reply. Would you say your area is good for children? How much do you pay for the private creche? May I ask how much you pay for accommodation including electricity etc.

It would really help to hear it from real experience.

Thanks a lot,
Jitka

Yes no prob i'll send u a private message with all the details .
Giuseppina

Hi Giuseppina,

Would you be so kind and send me also some info in regards to accommodation in your area also about creches?
I am considering a move to Malta with a 3 years old son and some help regarding nurseries or creches, would be much appreciated.
If you could also send me some links on where to find decent apartments, would be great.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Antonio

I've just an opinion. To avoid traffic, I will choose the location near the school you'd like to send your children. Malta not being big and traffic being reasonable compared to big European cities, I think I will live anywhere in Malta where I'd like to be and I will buy a car to drive my children near your best school. My golden triangle is something like St Paul's bay, Mosta, Ta'x biex. Tigné point area is good if you have money.