Things to do over Lebaran weekend? Diving maybe?

Hi everyone

I'm new to Jakarta and no firm plans for the Long weekend.

I am looking at a diving trip (3 night boat trip from Jakarta), but not enough people, so the trip might not run.

So I may end up in Jakarta for the long weekend. What is good to do in Jakarta when most people have left for the rest of Java?

Thanks

Sam

Hmmm, let me think... go to the movies and do a movie marathon? (ok, that doesnt sound fun),go to Puncak? there are many hotels up there and you can just chill and relax for a few days. Novus is a nice, peaceful hotel in Bogor. Check out their website and take a look at some activities around.
If you want to stay in Jakarta, photography might be fun. Taking pictures of the empty roads, haha. That would be something, eh? Jakarta : Dead city during Lebaran :D

Anyways, if you think that my advice is silly, I hope you can find something fun to do!

Empty roads in Jakarta would certainly be a new experience! I'll have to take some before and after photos for my facebook ;)

Thanks for the advice

:)
S

:) I would be very happy exploring and taking loads of picts during Lebaran. But I'm in Ningbo, China at the moment and won't be back until December.

I hope you'll have a nice Lebaran holiday :)

Hey, Samhand. Welcome :)

I and 3 members of this blog will go for shisha.
Let me know if you wanna join us.

thousand island :) ?

hey... speaking of spending time over the long weekend, a friend of mine will come on friday and wants to spend 3 days here. I couldn't think of stuff to do cos tickets are damn expensive already sp we're stuck here in jakarta.

Maybe we could all just plan a get together on saturday?! like a nice sit down chat with drinks and food? what do you think?!

Miss_Kiki wrote:

hey... speaking of spending time over the long weekend, a friend of mine will come on friday and wants to spend 3 days here. I couldn't think of stuff to do cos tickets are damn expensive already sp we're stuck here in jakarta.

Maybe we could all just plan a get together on saturday?! like a nice sit down chat with drinks and food? what do you think?!

...if i'm not wrong..saturday will be the Takbiran eve for moslem..

but i think it will be nice to hang around with buddies.

i wouldn't really know. But it'll be nice to have something to do and meet people... :)

i'll be in jakarta 21st august... ^__^,so if there is any plan start from 21st august..lemme know

Thanks for all the posts, I'm going diving in the end, but will be back next Monday, 21st

So if anyone wants to meet up sometime mid or maybe at the end of the week we should arrange something

Please post if you're interested

Thanks

Sam

Miss_Kiki wrote:

Miss_Kiki, we are goin to go for shisha this Friday night. Just text me if you're interested in joining us :)