English speaking doctor for a baby

Hi all,

My family and I recently moved to Marrakech and i am looking for an English speaking (preferably) doctor for my 4 moth old baby!Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

doctors are a real mess here in morocco ! and education for a kids too..... the best work in morocco is to be a doctor - doing nothing getting much.
i haven't found any pediatrician that satisfies me. you can find russian speaking pharmacists as many of them had studied in ukraine and russia. popular destination for moroccan students to get wife and buy a diploma ))).
i can show one french doctor who treats with homeopathy... have no idea if she speaks english as i did not visit her by myself but my wife did.
other will feed the kid with antibiotics all the time saying that's ok they do not accumulate in the body....
however maybe with this climate the antibiotics is the sole measure ...
good luck

There is a Dr Frederic REITZER in Marrakech. His office is in Guelise on the corner of Avenue Mohammed V and Moulay Hassan. He practices general medicine and he speaks some English, but if you can bring someone who speaks French with you things will go more smoothly. As I do not have small children I do not know any pediatricians, but he maybe able to recommend someone. But medicine here in Morocco is not up to the same standards as I have seen in elsewhere. With kids I know there always seems times you must have them seen for unplanned things. If you can wait and have routine tests and check-ups done when visiting home or elsewhere, this would be my suggestion.
I hope this is helpful.

zouhairuk wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

doctors are a real mess here in morocco ! and education for a kids too..... the best work in morocco is to be a doctor - doing nothing getting much.
i haven't found any pediatrician that satisfies me. you can find russian speaking pharmacists as many of them had studied in ukraine and russia. popular destination for moroccan students to get wife and buy a diploma ))).
i can show one french doctor who treats with homeopathy... have no idea if she speaks english as i did not visit her by myself but my wife did.
other will feed the kid with antibiotics all the time saying that's ok they do not accumulate in the body....
however maybe with this climate the antibiotics is the sole measure ...
good luck

Sir,
You made some good points there, however there are great doctors here in Morocco, most of them are graduated from top universities in Paris and major cities in western Europe. As for the education for the kids you get what you pay for.  Morocco is not advanced as western Europe but it is not as bad as you think.
It is very annoying when someone lives in a country and keep on heavily critisizing it.
Finally Sir we do not buy our diplomas or seek  Russian wives.  Maybe you meet the wrong people.
Morocco is not heaven, but comparing to some eastern European countries  ( I have visited most of them by the way) Morocco is doing very well, hence people from all over the world come here to live , work, and visit.

relax. nobody wants to critisize morocco. cool country , all is just fine

you better tell to the lady where are all that highly educated english speaking doctors. this was the question

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

relax. nobody wants to critisize morocco. cool country , all is just fine

you better tell to the lady where are all that highly educated english speaking doctors. this was the question

Zaphod you did good job of that you didn't answer either, you just went on rant. Morocco this morocco that you don't have to speak English to be highly educated. You seem to be angry with eduction, doctors, furthermore you are accusing Moroccans of buying diplomas and wanting wives from Russia. Hmmm really all the Moroccan students buy diplomas and want to marry Russians?
Have good week my friend. And you are welcome in Morocco.