Cost of living

hi,im from ottawa,canada and have been looking at buying a condo in the san pedro area.i have been reading over some of the blogs and have done country and city comparisons.i just came back 2 days ago from the la ceiba,honduras area looking at beachfront.from reading some of your blogs,it appears its no cheaper to live in belise than in the u.s.why wouldnt i then just go up the coast 200 miles to playa del carmen,san miguel de cosumel,where there is good hospitals and cheaper living?im looking at a condo as im not ready to retire and most places will rent them out for you and take a management fee if i come back to canada.im a construction superintendant in ottawa building highrises and my wife is a nurse,any info on the san pedro area would be greatly apprieciated.

One reason people buy in Belize rather than the Yucatan coast of Mexico is to be in an English speaking country.  You are correct about cost of living and medical, though.  In our case, we'd traveled to Belize and not to Mexico, so it just felt more comfortable to us.  But San Pedro beachfront is definitely not a cheap place to live; it's certainly the most expensive place to live in Belize.

they have some cheap condos in the reef village and the $268 fee per mo.is suppossed to include everthing plus $68 per mo.for insurance.this seems reasonable.what im looking for is a really nice midsize condo that has access for me to have a cruiser boat to go around between belise city,amberise caye,chutemel area.i think the corozal area might be a better fit.

Corozal will be a lot cheaper to live than San Pedro.  You'll still have lots to do, with such a large expat community in Corozal.  I've seen some condo's on 4 Mile Lagoon for sale, which is on the way to the Mexican Border.

well ill keep my eyes open,and maybe take a trip next year to see the area first hand,thanks.