Problem with ATM/Visa card not working on and off

So I went to the ATM today and tried to take money out. I checked my account before I went so I know I have cash, but it wouldn't pay me out a single lonely dong. No ATM here will all of a sudden.

The thing is, this happened last week as well, last Sunday as well. And on Monday thing were back to normal, until now. My bank claim not to know what the issue could be, so I'm just wondering if anyone else on here ever experienced this before???

Never faced this kind of pro b4, but some my friends ever. They got no cash but the money still deducted in the account. Better to contact the customer service of the bank u r using

You have to remember, if you use a Western bank, they do computer system maintenance during our daytime hours, Sunday being the day of choice.

Even the arrogant HSBC sends it's customers and e-mail at least three or four days in advance.

Are you using your bank ATM or a network ATM.

I always run two accounts on my banks. I use a savings account with no ATM access, and a banking account with ATM access. Before taking money out I move money from savings to banking - never lost any money yet.

I also run virus and bot checks before I log into my banks.

A Dong bank has had repeated attacks - the ATMs use Windows, hackers delight.

I'm with Bank of Ireland, using a VISa debit, only getting sorted with a local bank account this week coming. It happened last sunday but I didn't lose any money, it just wouldn't give me any. Not much I can do right now so going to wait til tomorrow and see what happens.

Jaitch wrote:

You have to remember, if you use a Western bank, they do computer system maintenance during our daytime hours, Sunday being the day of choice.

If it was maintenance the bank would be aware of it and informed the op

Jaitch wrote:

Even the arrogant HSBC sends it's customers and e-mail at least three or four days in advance.

Typically this is for online banking services, banks rarely send notifications that ATM's will be out of action as there is minimal downtime on these.

Jaitch wrote:

A Dong bank has had repeated attacks - the ATMs use Windows, hackers delight.

If the bank is being hacked regularly then the OS at the ATM is irrelevant as they will attacking the mainframes running a different OS, not the atm's. Yes there have been a couple of virus outbreaks on atm's years ago but nothing reported recently.