Any Malaysian or Singaporean in Ottawa?

Hi,

I intend to take up a course in Ottawa but am afraid because I don't know anybody there. I would like to move in January next year but I heard winter is very cold and difficult there. It would be wonderful if someone can connect with me. I hope to join a community to help me settle in. Please advise.

Thanks.

Hello,

I don't know Malaysian nor Singaporian, but last week I went with some friends to a very nice Malaysian restaurant owned by a nice Malaysian man (his mum is Singaporian).

Chahaya Malaysia, 1690 Chemin Montreal  Ottawa, ON K1J (613) 742-0242

Maybe when you will be here you could try it and have conversation with the owner who could surely give you some tips to meet malaysian-Singaporian community in Ottawa.

If I met any, I will let you know.

Welcome.

Hi I am a Singaporean. I will help you if you are still looking for help to settle in Ottawa. It is  a nice city. It was not that cold as we imagined. I had no car last winter when I came and I survived well so far.

Contact me here or my fb.

Hi stateless and lavi,

I will be a student in carleton university this fall but I have problem with my accommodation. Is there singapore community in ottawa that can help me with it??

Thanks,
Jewel

Hi Jewel,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please note that this thread is a year old, feel free to participate or to create on the Ottawa forum. :)

Please feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Ottawa section, this might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Hi there, ottawa is a small city. So far, I have never noticed any singaporean community for housing or so ever. But if you are studying in carlton u, it  is better find some place nearby there, u can log on to come from china .com website. This is a local Chinese community forum. I am sure you can find some room  sharing friends or ads etc there.

Good luck.