Where to live????

Hi,

My wife, our 2 dogs and I will be moving from Cape Town to Istanbul soon and I am looking for some advice on where the best areas are to live. I will be working for a company located in the Bagcilar area and I am looking for a 2-3 bedroom place with a private garden (this is very important as we have dogs) that is no more than 20-25 km away from work. Obviously the closer the better, but as I saw from my trip to Istanbul houses seam to be scarce closer to the city centre. We are prepared to spend about TL3500-4500.

If anyone knows of a good website or rental agent please let me know. So far we have used emlakjet.com and looked at places in Kemer.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hey there, you can look apartments around Yesilkoy,Atakoy,Florya area..They are close to Bagcilar and also there are some apartment complexes where you may find flats with own gardens...Cheers

The apartments/houses of the web sites don't always show the real conditions of the houses. If you have the chance to come and arrange the house before you move with your family, that would be better.

Good Luck

Hi Maya_S and rroniee, thank you so much for your feedback. I have an idea of what areas seem better, but I think it probably will be better to rather get the house once we are in Istanbul.

Wayne, you might search sahibinden.com...It might work for you for some ideas...good luck

Hi Wayne,

Just curious but why where you looking in Kemer or is this a part of Istanbul ? as I only know of Kemer down here.... I live in Göcek.

Yvonne

Hello Wayne.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

The Housing in Istanbul section can help also. Do not hesitate to post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Yvonne,

As I understand google MAPS, Kemer area is close to tr forest part and about 25km away from where I work.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum please]

[Moderated: No free advetisement please]