Making friends before I visit

Hi everyone!

My name is Zack.  I'm 24 and studying Computer Science in the United States.  I'm looking to meet some Vietnamese natives that don't live to far from Quan 4.  I will be coming to Vietnam in a few months and I want to hang out and improve my Vietnamese speech.  I can speak and understand Vietnamese decently right now so feel free to talk to me in Tieng Viet and I will let you know if I khong hieu.

Hi Zack,
My name Hung,student,
Nice to meet you in HCMC.I will help you improve your Vietnamese
See you soon
My yahoo: dangmhungv2l2[at]yahoo.com.vn

Hi Zack,

wow, welcome to vietnam.

i am glad to support you improve Vietnamese.
just tell me what you need now.

you can contact me

[email protected]

have you been finding homestay here or you will live in hostel, rented house?

keep in touch!!!

Ngoc Them  :)

Hello Jack

Welcome to Viet Nam. I'm Thanh. glad to contact you by Vietnamese

my yahoo: thanhlovely3189

hope to see you soon

Thanh

Hi Zack. My compliment for your decent Vietnamese. How do you learn it quite well without coming to Vietnam before? Welcome to Vietnam. I live rather far from your Quan 4 so I hope you have fun with other Vietnamese friends.

chao jack..mình tên huyền.
nice to meet you..hjhjhj. chat by vietnamese ok?
my yahoo: saokhue11088

Hi HorizonViet Nam !

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English only?

Thanks
Armand

Hi Jack and every body, i'm a new member
Welcome to Vietnam Jack, my english rather bad, but if you don't mind, please contact me.
Yahoo: ran_vjvj
mail: [email protected]
or phone: 012345.76.890 (+84)
Nice to meet you :)

Xin chào Jack,
Nice to meet you
Welcome to VietNam for soon
Hieu

hi  , you come to viet nam for tourist?
if you need some thing , i can help
i hope you'll like ho chi minh
                        tu tran :D
you can contact at : [email protected]

Wow!  Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm going to add you all on Yahoo and get on the road to becoming more fluent.

Hi,
Its Truc. Nice to meet you here. You can me in your ym list, my screen name is lovelystar_2012. Hope you enjoy your time here.
Cheers.

Hihi, I am on Business trip in HCM.  Anyone free for a meet up 2molo?  Can sms me at ny vn number 84 1245536467.

:)
Diana

Chao em Truc,

I look forward to meeting you!

ranvjvj,

Don't worry my Vietnamese isn't very good, nhung ma Anh muon noi vui nguoi Viet so that I understand the language better.

tran.py93,

Yes I am coming there just as a short vacation and to meet my fiancee's family.

bluestar49,

My fiancee is Vietnamese.  I basically taught her how to speak english for the last two years and anytime I teach her something in english I asked her how to say it in Vietnamese.  I also study on my own and any questions I have I will ask her.

Hey Hung Dang,

It's nice to meet you and I will try and contact you on Yahoo Messenger and hopefully we can talk in Vietnamese!

What up zack,

I'm making that leap too... I will be leaving for Vietnam in late October. Hope to see you guys there.

Where in the states are you from

Charlie

Hey Charlie!

I'll be there in mid-December.  I'm from Central Kentucky (Bourbon Country).   It's nice to meet you man.

Hi armand. Jack want to improve Vietnamese. and I think,chat by Vietnamese with him ok.

wow you're going in december that a pretty busy time for HCMC christmas is huge over there. a really good time to go.

alright bud, keep in touch.

Charlie

wow, congratulations you seek your fiancee , hope you funny when stay here

zztonedefzz wrote:

Hey Hung Dang,

It's nice to meet you and I will try and contact you on Yahoo Messenger and hopefully we can talk in Vietnamese!

Yes,I'm glad to talk with with you in Vietnamese .:)
wow,your fiancee is Vietnamese.:)

Armand wrote:

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English only?

Guess they don't understand "Anglophone". :)

P.S. I saw French posts here - are they "Anglophone"?

Hung,

Yeah I tutored her in calculus at the University over here and she hasn't been back home in a few years so it will be nice for her to see her aunts, uncles, and cousins back home.  I know she really misses them and I am very excited to meet them face to face (though I have talked to them many times over Skype already).

Charlie,

Yeah she said Christmas is very fun but she said the Tet Holiday is the best. I'm excited and so is she since she hasn't been in Vietnam for Tet for the last 5 or so years.  It should be a very fun experience.

zztonedefzz wrote:

Hung,

Yeah I tutored her in calculus at the University over here and she hasn't been back home in a few years so it will be nice for her to see her aunts, uncles, and cousins back home.  I know she really misses them and I am very excited to meet them face to face (though I have talked to them many times over Skype already).

Charlie,

Yeah she said Christmas is very fun but she said the Tet Holiday is the best. I'm excited and so is she since she hasn't been in Vietnam for Tet for the last 5 or so years.  It should be a very fun experience.

That's great ^^,
Hope you arrive Vietnam at Tet holiday,you will enjoy it so much ^^.Can you tell me your Yahoo account,I will contact you.

tet gets crazy over there.

get ready for a population overload (huge crowds) more than normal during that time of the year. don't forget to bring your license so you can get a vietnamese DL over there and its a plus if you have a M1 motorcycle endorsement  too.

jinxedta wrote:

tet gets crazy over there.

get ready for a population overload (huge crowds) more than normal during that time of the year. don't forget to bring your license so you can get a vietnamese DL over there and its a plus if you have a M1 motorcycle endorsement  too.

It will be crowed when you returned to countryside
here is  so quite :)

Hi anh Zack,
I have just added you in ym I hope we can have some Vietnamese-English conversations sometimes!
Cheers

Truc,

Cam on em Truc! I look forward to talking to you.

jinxedta,

If I don't have an M1 endorsement, will I still be able to ride around on 50cc 100cc scooters?  Thanks for the good advice btw.

Hung,

I will send you my yahoo name in just a second so look at your Inbox and it should be there.

Yeah you can still get it a license I think the M1 pertains to larger CC bikes. My parents moved back to Vietnam 5 years ago and both of then got their licenses without taking the written. They just took the road test.

Hi Zack,

Your topic is so crowded and looks like a lot of fun. Im living pretty far from Quan 4, so can I join you guys?? Would love to exchange Vietnamese with you and teach you Vietnamese slang and cant wait you to meet up with you and your beautiful fiancee. Btw how did you pop the question? :D

Thanh