Nanny advice

Dear Helsinki expat community,

We will be moving to Finland from the UK at the end of September 2012 with our five month old daughter.  We're looking to share a nanny, ideally from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, and will be based in central Helsinki.

If anyone is interested in sharing a nanny, please do contact us.

rachelandomar @ gmail.com

More generally, if anyone has experience with or advice on nannies in Helsinki, we would appreciate your insights.  We've also looked at the daycare system in Finland but understand that the municipal and family daycare services are only available for children over 10 months of age.

All best,

O & R

Hi rachelandomar,

welcome to Expat.com!

You could also post an advert in the jobs in Helsinki section.

All the best,
Christine

Thanks, Christine!

Hello,

I was wondering weather you were still interested in a babysitter for over the summer break? I am available most of the summer at those hours, but as of now I am in school during the day time. The times I am free now are any days after Thursday till Sunday. I have lots of experience with children, i've taken the red cross course, and I am originally from Colorado, but most recently moved from Virginia. I also live in the center of Helsinki, so it is really easy for me to get around. My mother tongue is English, but I also know how to speak Finnish at a reasonable level. I am 18, and soon will be able to drive. Please take my offer into consideration, because I would love the opportunity. Thanks!

Heidi

Hello, Rachelandomar!

I have read your blog in forum for expat which you wrote in2012. You had a problem with a nanny for 5 month old daughter. I hope she is older and a good girl now!
This year we are going to Helsinki and going to have such a problem with my husband, our daughter is 1 year, We need somebody in Helsinki to look after her. It would be better if we could send her to kindergarten. Please, write us about your experience. How did you solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Zhanar.