What is there to do for the over 60's in Malta?

Hi folks,
The wife and I are moving to Malta in late September so would like to ask questions about activities for us.  I like fishing, petanc, ten pin bowling, quizzes, music (not classical).  I am a drummer so are there any jam sessions on the go? Or bands for me to join perhaps.  What about any ex-pat clubs?  We are going to live in Qwara, so interested to find out what we can do to fill all our leisure time.

Hi Reilly,

welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure about the petanc but all the other activities are offered or can be organized. I myself am an active member of the Ramblers Association who offer weekly guided walks of different difficulties and lengths.

Fishing is just about everywhere along the coast , just hang your rod in the water where you want.

We have our weekly expat meeting in Sliema for all age groups but I'm sure there are similiar groups near Qawra. If you are interested follow the posts in the 'meeting up ' section. During the summer we meet on the beach but move indoors when the weather gets too unreliable.

You also find all types of music , not just the fest band clubs which you find in every village.

There are also lots of cultural events, concerts,exhibitions, wine and beer festivals and many others.

Cheers
Ricky

there is a boules /petanq club in  bugibba just along the road from qawra.

there is a ten pin bowling alley i think in sliema (maybe paceville actually)and one in the seabank hotel in mellieha too.

Will certainly keep a beady eye out for the petanc in Bugibba.  I'm thinkng there maybe a local newspaper where these clubs and activities are advertised.  Not ready for the pipe and slippers just yet!!
Many thanks for the info folks

Hi Reilly,
Qawra is the perfect place to stay for people over 60! There are plenty of pubs full of British expats so you'll never get bored.. There are some bars offering line-dancing (try Angelo's on the seafront close to McDonalds), karaoke, and all the activities you mentioned are available.. Just ask around and you'll quickly find the best places for you :)

Welcome to Malta!