Help URGENT

hi i am have offer to work in Maldives in four star hotel new opening so worry about the life there and worry about cost of living ?what common nationalities there??  is there Egyptians ?? is there women there availabe and working in Maldives island?? becuase old friends told me no women there so most of workers are Gays becuase no women, what scale salary for Reservation Supervisor ?

Thanks for help

Hi Hilton,

Welcome to Maldives Forum!
Congratulations for your new job. Hehe' what is that "gay thing"??? :huh:
That's not true,ok! :proud Are you goin' to work here in Male' or in resorts?
If you will be working in resort,nothing to worry about the cost of living,there everything is FREE,common nationalities there maybe... Indians, Filipinos i'm not sure..
Haha' i'm sorry I dont have much knowledge about working in resort/hotel,by the way there are women everywhere here in Maldives,we exist. ;)

--worry free!

I will work in island and i am Egyptian and I worry about live there and cost of living and social life coz woman are necessary in life

hi,

yeah you defniltey do not have to worry about the gay issue, but its true that not a lot of women work on resort in maldives, if they do its mostly expats. still the ratio will be about 1:20 or less.

and social life will be quite limited too as you will be staying and working on a small space.. but you do not have to worry about the cost of living as everything is Free.. food/accomodation/electricity/wifi etc .

you can expect about 5-600$
hope this helped

hi hilton,

kef haal ya habibi ? mita ijji anta  ?

ana shugl fee mustashfa tabeeb atfaal,,

hina shugl quis and kul maldivian quis, maafi mushkil...

maafi ruz bukhaari maafi shaee,,

alaatoor mushkil,, maafi madaam ziyada,, kul maldivian,,

anta fee mutazoaj vala laa ???

ahsen shae iji sawa sawa madaam,,

taaal . shugl waahid suna baaden shuff quis valaal laa,,

Allah Kareem

:huh:

@DR_KHAN - In english please on this Anglophone forum. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

DR_KHAN

you are speaking Arabic in very good way :)

Nice advise from Dr Khan :)

Rough literal translation for the benefit of non-Arabic speakers:
Hi Hilton. How are you dear friend? When will you come (to Maldives)? I am a paediatrician. Working here is good, Maldivians are good people. No problems at all. No "bukhari" rice and similar. Not too many ladies here. Are you married? If so, its better to come over with your wife. Best thing is to work for an year and see if it suits or not. God is Kind.

thnx jalyoka

guy would be nice if you speak in English? we can always help :)

fathumath

this is not an English nor Arabic :D

Sounds more like Hindi/Urdu :)

What ever the language, as this is an English speaking site could you all please write in English.

Thanks

mooch wrote:

guy would be nice if you speak in English? we can always help :)

stumpy wrote:

What ever the language, as this is an English speaking site could you all please write in English.

Thanks

I fully support both these posts. Sticking to English will be to everyone's benefit.

hi khan,  i am  pakistani  i want come maldives and want start little business, can u help me,  [email protected]

Hello lilli010 -> You should start a new thread on the Maldives forum with your questions.

Thank you,
Aurélie