Work for schengen visa holder pleaaaaase adviiiiiiiiice

hi all

love Malta, i'm coming after may be one month my husband and i planning to buy a house over there, any way i had a schengen visa for one year starting from September and wondering if any one can help me to get a job i have a good experience in administration specially oil field also i'm a designer and i'll take few courses in interior design in Malta

so what i have to do to get a job and do i have to apply for a work permit and can i get it even if i'm in Malta with a schengen visa?
please advice me all

Hi Designs,

welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure whether you have been issued with a Long-stay 'national' visa for Malta or a LTV visa but in both cases you would need to find an employer to apply for a work permit for you.

You cannot apply yourself. There are terms and conditions that might make it difficult to get a work permit. You are not allowed to work without a work permit. Is your husband an EU citizen ?

Does your visa say anything about working ? What languages do you speak? Arabic and English and experience in Libya should help you to find a job.

I would also reconsider 'buying' a house . It is not the best time to buy at the moment. Rent first-then buy !

Cheers
Ricky

Rick thanks

well, we did pay for the house and i'm not sure if we wait will help or houses will get more higher prices , it's ok will buy a nice cozy small apartment not for rent to live in

well my husband has USA passport, but not me
so i speak English and Arabic and my schengen visa is c multiple entry for one year and yes a have a good experiences 10 years work

can you advice where can i find employers?
and hank you again

Hi,

I'm still not quite sure about your type of Schengen visa. Is it a multiple-entry visa that allows you to stay for up to 90 days in any half-year (Type C) ?

In that case you will have to leave Malta after 90 days and working in Malta is not allowed. It is a short term visa for you to come and go within the 90 days every 180 days.

Your husband holding a USA passport will not help you that much as he is in the same situation except that he can visit Malta without a visa but he can only stay for 90 days.

If this is the case you will only be able to work if you find an employer willing to apply for a work permit for you within the 3 months. That could be difficult as the work permit process takes time and with the visa class c it will probably lead to denial anyway.

Check out the work related und visa sections for more information on how to find a job.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

Hi,

I'm still not quite sure about your type of Schengen visa. Is it a multiple-entry visa that allows you to stay for up to 90 days in any half-year (Type C) ?

In that case you will have to leave Malta after 90 days and working in Malta is not allowed. It is a short term visa for you to come and go within the 90 days every 180 days.

Your husband holding a USA passport will not help you that much as he is in the same situation except that he can visit Malta without a visa but he can only stay for 90 days.

If this is the case you will only be able to work if you find an employer willing to apply for a work permit for you within the 3 months. That could be difficult as the work permit process takes time and with the visa class c it will probably lead to denial anyway.

Check out the work related und visa sections for more information on how to find a job.

Cheers
Ricky

thank you for your replay, so i shall find a job first