Dubai and lifestyle /etc

Hi,

considering about moving to Dubai and was wondering if there are activities for expats beside drinking and clubs because although I am not a muslim I do not drink ...

Also, is it easy to meet a partner or are men just there for the fun, in general? Thanks!

In summer the best place to go is beach or water parks in dubai,,there are various malls here.

In winter. The best time in Dubai. U can go Safari Desert, Camping, BBQ, etc...  Escaping from cities stress

Also JBR best place for walking and eating dinner.

There is alot of evenst happinng here like global village, Dubai festival and others,

I am sure u will find partner here since it is multi-national city.

If you want to learn to speak arabic i can teach you some words hehe :D

Send me msg if u real intrest in learning

What I have learned from being here almost a year is that the 1st 6 months are difficult and then things get easier.
There are a lot of activities. Although, Dubai is a very independent lifestyle, you can do things that you would have liked to do but never got a chance. example: salsa lessons, golf, aerobic classes, learn new languages... hope this helps :)

As for finding a man. I'll leave u to judge...

Hi!

It sounds good! ;-) What are you doing there, if you feel like sharing?

Yes, regards men, it really doesn't matter where you are I suppose ... !!!

My advice on men in the UAE? Be very very careful.  Most men have something wrong with them here.

Im a man.  I should know :P

Wrong like what??

You are scaring me, but I would like, if I live there, to have an Emirati man, no less ;-) it doesn't matter as long as I can make friends at least !!!

Nadiadee wrote:

if I live there, to have an Emirati man, no less ;-)

I'm sure there'll be plenty of them around on a Thursday night, up for jumping your bones :lol:

No thanks, I mean an Emirati man who is truly an Islam and has values etc... ;-)
Generally, I think you will just find what you expect, so I'll expect the best. The most important is to make friends first and have a comfortable life, the rest will sort itself out as is it always does I suppose....

Emarati men? I hate to burst your bubble but your expectations are too high.  If he truly is religious then there is no way he would enter into friendship with a woman.  If he's not religious, then be prepared to beat him off with a stick.

This isnt just emaratis.  Its a man thing.  I dont care what men say.  You cant just BE FRIENDS with a woman.  Unless she's a complete sexual turn off for you.  Men who say otherwise are bloody liars.  When we pretend we are JUST FRIENDS; we are either exerting self control or find you a total turn-off.

Yes, I can be friend with a  man who likes me, that's not a problem as I am the one who decides in the end, uh? And this is why women have male friends all the time haha
Sorry to burst YOUR bubble hehe

giasi wrote:

My advice on men in the UAE? Be very very careful.  Most men have something wrong with them here.

Im a man.  I should know :P

Partially agree with that!

serenes wrote:

As for finding a man. I'll leave u to judge...

It'll be a bit tough ;)
(assumption)

haha I've heard ;-) If your heart is open, doors will open too, me thinks ;-)

But one step at a time, job first ...

thank you !

Nadiadee wrote:

haha I've heard ;-) If your heart is open, doors will open too, me thinks ;-)

But one step at a time, job first ...

thank you !

Indeed, job first! that's the right approach! :)

Life style Indeed jobs in deed :cool: