Football at King Fahd tuesday night, any advise please

We are planning on going to the Al Hilal match on Tuedsay night, does anyone have any knowledge of:-
The cost to get in
Parking, how busy does it get
Is it a friendly atmosphere for us Brits
Can you get a beer(only jesting folks)
Can you buy food inside the stadium
What sort of attendances do these matches attract.
Got 2 spare seats if anyone needs a lift
Thanks in advance
Al

I love football :)  Can I come?

Alliecat wrote:

Its not in Manchester United Stadium !! :P

Alliecat wrote:

You mean american football, right? KF is a soccer stadium.

Alliecat wrote:

Course you can Allie just tell me where we can pick you up and the jobs done. It's a late one mind 10.15 kick off. So I got only a couple more seats left, anyone else?

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

You mean american football, right? KF is a soccer stadium.

Can you really think I would be so stupid as to believe there would be an American football stadium IN SAUDI ARABIA?  :rolleyes:

Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Course you can Allie just tell me where we can pick you up and the jobs done. It's a late one mind 10.15 kick off. So I got only a couple more seats left, anyone else?

Moe, I was pulling your leg. I thought you'd know it's yet one more thing forbidden to women (not allowed in the stadium) :( 

But hey, thanks!

Alliecat wrote:

Can you really think I would be so stupid as to believe there would be an American football stadium IN SAUDI ARABIA?  :rolleyes:

Never mind that. This could turn into a flame. Better go back to my den. Cheers.

Alliecat wrote:
Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Moe, I was pulling your leg. I thought you'd know it's yet one more thing forbidden to women (not allowed in the stadium) :( 

But hey, thanks!

Shit , slipped past me that one. Another something a chick can,t do in Ksa. Bad stuff, we could have educated you in the art of - forgive me Lordy- "soccer" believe me I will never utter the S word again.

@Moe  actually, I have read that it was the BRITS who invented the word 'soccer'  (google it, I dare ya!).

And I need no education--I've been an avid fan of international 'football' since WorldCup '94 !!  Even managed to catch most of the games on TV the last time around here in KSA.

But thanks again :)

Bruckner wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Never mind that. This could turn into a flame. Better go back to my den. Cheers.

Bruckner, sorry if I sounded harsh.  I know you were just trying to be helpful.

Got to go to Dubai for some real Football the game for holigans played by gentlemen called Rugby Football! Rather than the one with the round ball …… and often said played and in many countries watched as Euro 2012 showed by holigans!

Now for the small print as Alli is in the thred! :-)

This is the view of the author and no animals small or large were hurt in the writing of the these few words. No person alive or dead ……… oh you know the rest!:lol:

Martin Fin wrote:

Got to go to Dubai for some real Football the game for holigans played by gentlemen called Rugby Football! Rather than the one with the round ball …… and often said played and in many countries watched as Euro 2012 showed by holigans!

Now for the small print as Alli is in the thred! :-)

This is the view of the author and no animals small or large were hurt in the writing of the these few words. No person alive or dead ……… oh you know the rest!:lol:

Bit far to go (Dubai) on a Tuesday night for a game I have no interest in, and what is a Holigan, are you implying i am one cos I watch the round ball game?

Moestavern

I am sorry mate not implying any such thing!

Al Hilal games are fine for Brits. Later in the season they attract crowds of about 30,000. Their ultras add a bit of atmos. It's a bit expensive given the quality on show, I paid SAR150 last time I went for a so so seat. I guess there's food but I didn't buy any.

I would double check where it's being played coz last time I went it was scheduled at the Fahd stadium but was played at the other smaller ground just off the mekkah road (forgot the name).

Standard is about English league 1 at best althought the korean boy up front can be a bit useful. As with most arab teams the keeper is a joke and usually contrives to make a few goals.

gashead wrote:

Al Hilal games are fine for Brits. Later in the season they attract crowds of about 30,000. Their ultras add a bit of atmos. It's a bit expensive given the quality on show, I paid SAR150 last time I went for a so so seat. I guess there's food but I didn't buy any.

I would double check where it's being played coz last time I went it was scheduled at the Fahd stadium but was played at the other smaller ground just off the mekkah road (forgot the name).

Standard is about English league 1 at best althought the korean boy up front can be a bit useful. As with most arab teams the keeper is a joke and usually contrives to make a few goals.

Thanks a lot man, been looking for info all over the net but to no avail, deffo on at King Fahd so the crowd will look a bit sparse if less than 30k, although its the first home game of the season so it could be a decent turn out. Will do a little report tomorrow on the proceedings, should be a laugh if nowt else, 150 Sar is a bargain compaired to back home, Chelsea charging 55 quid for away fans this year, scandalous.
Thanks again
Al

Moestavern wrote:
gashead wrote:

Thanks a lot man, been looking for info all over the net but to no avail, deffo on at King Fahd so the crowd will look a bit sparse if less than 30k, although its the first home game of the season so it could be a decent turn out. Will do a little report tomorrow on the proceedings, should be a laugh if nowt else, 150 Sar is a bargain compaired to back home, Chelsea charging 55 quid for away fans this year, scandalous.
Thanks again
Al

Sounds like fun--ENJOY! :)

Thanks Allie but I am sure your not allowed to have fun though, this will be my first sober football match since I was about 13, and that includes when I was playing as well!!
What happens if I find that I see a different game and I don,t like it!!!!!!

LOL!

Good point!  Could  be you just like drinking beer in loud stadiums! :D

Alliecat wrote:

LOL!

Good point!  Could  be you just like drinking beer in loud stadiums! :D

And before and after!!

its against some minows so wont atract much crowd.. it aint a derby and all trickets are sold online from last two seasons.. andn in derbies the crowd fairly touches 70000 mark..

Moestavern wrote:
gashead wrote:

Thanks again
Al

I'm off for a couple of weeks, I'll ping you when I'm back if you're going again. I'm always up for local football... got to be a team in blue though (hence my moniker). :)

DrHassanMalik wrote:

its against some minows so wont atract much crowd.. it aint a derby and all trickets are sold online from last two seasons.. andn in derbies the crowd fairly touches 70000 mark..

Thanks for that, in the end we did not go as we were told too late about the tickets so we thought we would not be able to pay on the door.
Have you any idea how to buy tickets online as I have googled it but nothing comes back, no wonder there are not many people going if you can,t buy tickets!!!

http://www.alhilal.com/en/contact.htmlhttp://www.sportsevents365.com/events/? … 08/12/2012

Moestavern wrote:
DrHassanMalik wrote:

Thanks for that, in the end we did not go as we were told too late about the tickets so we thought we would not be able to pay on the door.
Have you any idea how to buy tickets online as I have googled it but nothing comes back, no wonder there are not many people going if you can,t buy tickets!!!

I've always bought tix at the gate. There may be restrictions for derbys I guess.

Thanks, maybe next time we will have all the facts before we go, They got beat off the Minnows!!!

Moestavern wrote:
DrHassanMalik wrote:

no that aint so. the online ticketin is in arabic language.. il google and den let u kno but go in some derby ! il let u kno the dates od derby in riyadh

Moestavern wrote:

Thanks, maybe next time we will have all the facts before we go, They got beat off the Minnows!!!

yeah dat was an early season upset.. may be the same chelsea wil sufer at barclays lol