Muslim student traveling to Sao Paulo for 3 weeks

I am a Muslim student from America, and will be traveling to Sao Paulo from August 11-31 to work with an NGO on affordable housing projects. I will be staying in a hostel close to Paulista Avenue, near the Paraiso metro stop. I am seeking information on local mosques and any halal food places nearby. I would like to connect with local Muslims as I will be there for the end of Ramadan and Eid.

Thank you,
Arfa

Hi,

There are a number of halal certified restaurants and butcher shops in the Pari bairro (neighborhood) in São Paulo. If you are looking for the area on the map it is directly across the Rio Tietê from Marte Air Base. The two butcher shops that I could find are Abu Ali, Rua Barão de Ladário, 927 , tel. 3227-3535 and Zellaya, Rua Rodrigues dos Santos, 687, tel. 3326-8451.

Since São Paulo has a fairly substantial Muslim population I would presume there are a number of mosques in the area to chose from. You would have to get the most accurate information on that subject from an Expat-blog member who is also of your faith.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog

Hello,

There is a sunni mosque at Pari, Bras, Sao Paulo.

Below is the address.

Liga da Juventude Islâmica Beneficiente do Brasil
Rua Barão de Ladário, 922 - Pari, São Paulo, 03011-001, Brazil

You can travel by train and get down at Estacao Bras and then will have to walk from there to the mosque. There are some restaurants opposite to the mosque which serve halal food.

thanks
Ehsan

Ehsan123,

Thank-you so very much for this information. I have noted it down so I can help our Islamic forum members. I was able to find out information about halal restaurants and meat markets in the Pari neighborhood, but had absolutely no idea about mosques. I've already been asked by other members.

Thanks again, you're "nota dez" as we say here in Brazil.

Cheers,
William James Woodward - Brazil Animator, Expat-blog