Looking for a job in hospitality, Restaurant or F&B manager

Hello everyone.

I am looking to find a job in a hotel or restaurant in Bali.
I have worked for more than 7 years in a 5 star hotel in Monaco,
and i am currently working in London, in Harrods as a restaurant manager.
As i am Dutch with Indonesian grandparents I already have a huge connection to Indonesia especially in Bali wich i already visited 5 times.And know i find it is time to make my dream come true and move to Bali....

I speak Dutch, English, French and German and am experienced in Managing teams from up to 20 people.
I have management experience in bars, hotels and restaurants, all of high quality.

Does anyone knows where is the best and most realistic place to look for a job,and what is the best way to proceed?

I really appreciate any help, or even just a ''tip'' on how to proceed.

Thank you

Hello Frank van R.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, you can post an advert in the Jobs in Bali section. It can help.

Good luck in your research,
Aurélie

The stated skills suggest you should be looking in the top end hotels.

Yeah probably, but I already looked on all the major
hotel sites and their are no open job positions in Bali and for
any position I am qualified.....

Is there not another way to get a 'in' ???

thanks

Hi Frank,
Welcome.

Since seeing your request I have asked around.
The best route is to look at the online "Bali Advertiser" a twice weekly Expat Newspaper. www.baliadvertiser.com The latest issue came out two days ago.Page 80 is the start of Employment section. There seems to quite a number of positions similar to your experience.

There are listed Two agencies listed Global Expat www.globalexpat recruiting.com   & Bali Epicure, maybe Google it

Hope this helps   H

hey there,,
i also wonder how to get job for foreigner here,, its kinda hard cus it deals with the salary you will get..

for your information the salary for local people here is not so much and i guess thats why businessman tend to find local people to work with.

but it will be possible for you to work in really big hotel or company who can afford your payment/salary.

well since you have many 'connection' i think you better to get contact with the office of company owner in their home oversea not the office in Bali..

good luck . :)