How to start life in Kiev?

I am a Hungarian who lived the last 5 years in South Africa as expat and just moved to Kiev.
Anything i should know?
I don't speak Russain yet (only basics) so i would also be interested to know if there are any programs around here in English, like thetre plays, movies, clubs...
Thanks,
Ildy

hey my grandpa is hungarian, God I wish I knew the language, yeah anyways on to your problems police are kinda corrupt so discreetly avoid when possible - this may help you http://wikitravel.org/en/Kiev

edit: oh this is from october, i hope things have worked out so far for you

first of all, we have ukrainian language! why are you going to learn russian?
many people in ukraine speak english?so you can easily make friends with them.
Im not from kiev,but in my city there are places,where u can watch movies in English. i think that in the capital there must be many places of interest for english-speaking people

Hi Ilda!

Looks like you've got a half a year experience of living in Kiev. Is it positive or negative? Could you share it? I personally visit an English-speaking club and I also use English a lot at work every day, so I like to use my English very much.
At the same time you can't live comfortably without using Russian. Hopefully, you're OK with that :)
Anyway, I'd be happy to learn more about the experience of your stay here.

Majority of the people their in the  city is mostly Russian-speaking don't worry its a nice place. People their know english you can easily learn Russian in one month.

@ Nancycharger please could you tell me how to 'easily learn Russian in one month'?! If there is a magic potion, I want it!

But yes I agree with you that people in Kyiv are very friendly.