HSBC Telephone Interview... Any pointers please?

I have a telephone interview for the HSBC call centre tommorow and was just wondering if anyone else has had one of these and can give me some clue as to what they might ask?

Thanks,

Zoe :)

One of the Questions which is normally at the end is if you have any bad credit.

This will stop the process almost immediatley.

The rest of the Interview is based upon you talking to them, going through your history etc, its all based on how you sound, your confidence etc... this is the initial part take it as a fun part of the process.

Julian

Thanks Julian! I don't think I have bad credit, I have been afew days late on paying my phone bill a couple of times, should that be a problem?

Thanks,

Zoe :)

That should be fine with them :)

Not being negative. juts be aware that hundreds of people apply and not that many get through...i personally know at least 6 people who have gone through to the actual interview and gone through the whole process of documentation, police checks, credit checks, roleplay, it skills testing, etc etc...they were all in my opinion(for what thats worth) more than capable to fly through this role....yet all failed..some were even kept waiting for ten whole days with different questions every day and still didnt get a job....i sometimes wonder and still do if they are indeed after people or just playing the market game to see whats out there ...or are the trainers/interviews just looking for people who dont want to get a head and not the ambitious people who want a career maybe because theyre are afraid for the own jobs.....

Anyway good luck with the phone interview...oh and by the way, one chap I know actually had his 1-2-1 interview doen in Leeds for a job here ---- and surprise surprise he didnt get it either...good job he didnt fulfil his plan to come over on spec with a promise of an interview!!!!!!

Had my face to face interview on Thursday and they called me up yesterday to tell me I've got the job! All I have to do now is provide them with references for what I've been doing for the last 5 years and apply for a CRB check! Good thing I dont start untill 24th September as I have ALOT to do!!

Congratulations !

Keep us updated on how things go and ......we still host our regular Wednesday beach picnic in Sliema -)))

Check out previous posts on 'meeting up' for time and location.

Cheers
Ricky

due to start with HSBC in November , probably see you there

Hi

So how has HSBC treated you so far??
wondering if anyone could give me an update as to whether it's a good idea or a bad idea. can you afford to live in malta with 1100€ per month after paying rent, transport etc;

Thanks

I worked with HSBC call centre in 2013. By Maltese standard it has a reasonable salary. There was opportunity for overtime to boost salary . Didn't have a problem living on the salary

historically they pay good rates - and their social side is said to be very good.

If you can hack the shifts, arrange transport to suit those shifts and cope with the ever increasing rents ( you may have to flat share or rent a room) then you can live reasonably well.

Hi
thank you for the replies. I'll be travelling with my wife & toddler son who's 2 1/2 years. wife will be working too. how is it to live there as a family? heard the education & day care is free for kids provided both parents are employed. how much would it cost for an apartment on rent (1 bedroom) in swatar?
much obliged!

Its easier if you are an EU citizen  non EU much harder

Hi,

Well after 4 and a half years I am still working there. The salary is fine to live on and you get alot of extra benefits, the starting salary has obviously increased quite a bit since I started. If you like I can get you the email for recruitment? Swatar is quite expensive to rent as prices have gone up however if two of you are working then it should be fine :)

Hi Zoe
Thank you for taking time to reply.

if you don't mind coould you please let me know the benefits? Ihave already got the mail and I'm still thinking whether to go ahead. I'm trying to figure out the costs for play school/dare care and apartments. any leads if u have.
after 4 years of working there how will u recommend the place?
thanks
RD