Moving to guangzhou

Hi! im moving to guangzhou in less then 3 weeks to teach english to children and kindergarten. Just looking for anyone to help me out with a few things as im starting to freak out that im going to be so lost and not know what to do when i get there as this is my first time living somewhere other then my hometown perth, australia.
Where can i find access to a printer, scanner and photocopier. what are the costs of getting a personal wireless internet or am i better off going into internet cafes?

Also where is some good nightlife, restaraunts and shops.

Any advice or information anyone could give me would be great!!

Hello EmilyBetts.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope you'll be helped by other members soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Starbucks Cafe is a better place for foreigners to go to get access to wireless internet i guess, you can use the printer and scanner around the street in a printer shop, and its quite cheap like 0.2 yuan a copy.

Can i ask where u do the teaching?

Hello EmilyBetts
If you need any help, feel free to email me at [email protected]
I will try to answer all your question

Hi ill be teaching at Jinan International english.

If theres any english teachers in guangzhou on here please email me at [email protected]

would love to have some contacts when i get over there which is next sunday eeek!

Hello upside-down táitai.

Im a student from europe, been living here for 1 month, and its amazing :D
I love the climate and asians; what little i understand of them is awesome, so far :p

I was completely lost when i arrived, but excitedly so. You get the hang of GZ quite quickly.

Do you speak mandarin?
Tell me if you need an inexperienced guide when you arrive!

EmilyBetts wrote:

Hi ill be teaching at Jinan International english.

If theres any english teachers in guangzhou on here please email me at [email protected]

would love to have some contacts when i get over there which is next sunday eeek!

Hi, I will be studying in Jinan International this September. :)

Hi Emily

I have assumed you've moved here now.

How are you finding it?
I moved out here end of March and it is an amazing city even if you find it tough at first.

Feel free to get in touch I live in the city and love meeting new people and would be more than happy to show you around a little.

Jane