Investing in real estate for a

Hi fellows,
I have read here and around that it was possible for a foreigner to get a legal status (WP? Residence? VISA?) by investing in real estate for rental purpose.
Does anyone here have advices or testimony? Even a good link about this ?
I am thinking about investing around 1 000 000 MYR (=250 00 EUR = 300 000 $)
For now, I see 2 solutions: real estate or investing 500 000 MYR in creating a business (I will do another topic for this)

You need to come here in Malaysia & you go through asking Immigration first hand to learn all the lattes info.

Try not to get help from an agents or anyone else.

Its worth coming here & ask yourself.

Good luck

Mike_Montreal wrote:

Hi fellows,
I have read here and around that it was possible for a foreigner to get a legal status (WP? Residence? VISA?) by investing in real estate for rental purpose.
Does anyone here have advices or testimony? Even a good link about this ?
I am thinking about investing around 1 000 000 MYR (=250 00 EUR = 300 000 $)
For now, I see 2 solutions: real estate or investing 500 000 MYR in creating a business (I will do another topic for this)

Foreigner is allow to purchase a property above MYR500k, and apply for MM2H. Malaysia My Second Home Programme, entitle for 10yrs visa,including spouse,kids below 18, and parents above 65yr old.

You have to meet a right agent, as now there are too many con man in the market, helping to apply for, but ended up missing after payments are made.

you can apply direct to immigration for mm2h visa status, its easy, and you will save quiet a bit of money

OK, so they do it via MM2H. MM2H requires too much for me for now : capital and monthly incomes above 10 000 RM. In addition, no work permit with this status. Thank you friends , I will check for the other solution : Creating a business. And for sure, if I had to go via MM2H, I would not hire an agent !

Mike_Montreal wrote:

OK, so they do it via MM2H. MM2H requires too much for me for now : capital and monthly incomes above 10 000 RM. In addition, no work permit with this status. Thank you friends , I will check for the other solution : Creating a business. And for sure, if I had to go via MM2H, I would not hire an agent !

MM2H it's just a formality. Nobody check your incom, or your your wealth.
The best investment in Malaysia is buy the condo unit. low investment, high yield. Condo  is safe and allways may be possible to rent it.

One 3 bedroom unit /not new, maybe 5 years o/ costs around 400K-600K
rent it monthly around 2,5K-5K . Count...

return is less than 10 years, because you have to count with rental price increasing.

Because some of the info on this from expats you gave up your plan?

You can live here like a King/locals gave Expats  VIP treatment,I guess you will newer know.

You need to come for a holiday to KL and visit yourself Immigration then you will know what to do.

I am Australian & I live here last 17 years.
Why would I live here if it is not livable.
You need to do yourself/You need to buy the Condo or whatever yourself/

Do not gave up this easy/or stay where you are maybe its suitable to you.

Thank you everybody,
I have been 5 times in KL/Sabah/Penang and met a lot of peoples, I even have good friends here now. Actually, I also visited several times Cambodia, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia got my heart.
Be sure that I dont give up easily, I just try choose the best option but dont give up on big picture.
I try to find the best way to move to Malaysia knowing that :
- work permit and PR are not easy to find on individual basis
- I dont fulfil (yet :) ) all the requirement for MM2H under 50yo
- I am very straight about legal aspect and dont want to compromise.
- I dont want to be restricted from working or opening business.

I am ready to invest my cash, I am just not sure if it s better to buy more condos (and I visited a couple of condos in KL) or to put half my money in business and half money on real estate.

The point of this post is trying to get testimony and advice. I am not looking for a real estate agency or a visa agent.

Regularly, I check MM2H website, MIDA website, this forum etc. I am serious in my interest and I know I will live in Malaysia a way or another before the end of 2013 :cool:

Try this link, after you are at the page click the MAIN SERVICE and scroll to the expatriate and than choice the info you need. All the best.
http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/main … expatriate

[Moderated]

Let me thank the members for their cooperation, it is really appreciated. The moderation is appreciated too :)

Mike_Montreal wrote:

If you are looking a property to buy for investment, and setting business here, no need to apply MM2H, apply a work permit is cheaper:) and no need big amount locked in the FD.;)

My friend operate a Business centre in Bangsar, have some local expats using their services, reasonable price, great ideal place for people who started their business venture.

My suggestion: rent for a year, explore the location of the property you like to invest. If you buying a property, you need conveyance solicitor, please PM me, I have a good conveyance solicitor, she is experienced and knowledgeable, handling most of my properties legal documents.

JC138 wrote:

... If you are looking a property to buy for investment, and setting business here, no need to apply MM2H, apply a work permit is cheaper:) and no need big amount locked in the FD.;) ...

Thanks for the advice.
But... How do you apply for a work permit when you have no sponsor or job offer ?

There is another solution is to setup/buy a sleep company here.
And 'hire' yourself as director/employee.

I can give you a detail if you are interested to know more. I will need to recheck if its still applicable since I've left the area for few years

This is old blog & does not make any sense.

2 years ago we reed this.
I guess we will be reading again and again.

Doing that Expat-Blog perhaps does not operate update principle.

This Canadian wrote this blog long time ago.

taslik, Mike_Montreal posted in August 2012 ... is that 2 years old ? (sorry I don't understand your message)

Dear Taslik and 'Cher Julien',

Indeed, I started this topic 3 months ago.
I was in Malaysia last month and came back with new ideas and new concerns, that s why checked again this thread and was surprised by the last answer of JC138. We all know how difficult and quite impossible it is to get a work permit by one-delf in Malaysia.

I still received PM and spam about his subject and I hope this blog is here also for newbies like me, confused by all the information available on the web and often full of contradictory subjects.

Thank you bornd for your participation on this subject and I wish you will find more about sleep companies.

Taslik, I ll be back in KL for xmas and I ll do my best to contact you this time :cool:

Expatproperty wrote:
Mike_Montreal wrote:

MM2H it's just a formality. Nobody check your incom, or your your wealth.
The best investment in Malaysia is buy the condo unit. low investment, high yield. Condo  is safe and allways may be possible to rent it.

One 3 bedroom unit /not new, maybe 5 years o/ costs around 400K-600K
rent it monthly around 2,5K-5K . Count...

return is less than 10 years, because you have to count with rental price increasing.

Speaking of ROI: The best place to invest in Rental Property right now IS in America, especially in place like Orlando, FL - the Theme Parks of the world. I just bought at 5 BR house for US$79,000 and listed today for rent for $1295/mo.
After 6 yrs price decline the property market in Florida/US is climbing up steadily the past 8 months. Buyers from UK, Brazil,Spore, China are buying in drove. I know two buyers from China have been buying every month without even seeing the properties.Despite all the increase, there are still much houses you can buy at around $60-70k.
Condo price is even better, 2 BR condo can still be found under $50k! and rent it for around $800-900/mo.

I am looking to buy 2-3 more so I can generate rental income of US$3000-4000/mo then live in KL for a while.

Best to you all.