Looking for friends in Budapest

It is good idea, I will be there :)) It will be amazing to see you all :))

Hi everyone

it was really great meeting you.

Hope to see you soon again.

Good night,

Kristina

Yes very nice, I hope too to see you very soon :-)

Hi Kristina!

My name is Amal I am also living in Budapest since one year but because of work I did not manage to have a proper social life :)
If you are interested we can meet for a drink!

Amal

@nana91- you should avoid putting a phone number on a public forum. Thank you.

Any news when will be next meeting? I would like to see you all and drink cold beer with you :) who is in?

Hey everyone!  A few of us will be hanging out this evening at Bazaar Klub, Dohany utca 22 (or 23 or 24... not positive about the address).   We'll probably be there from 9pm.  Just listen for the people speaking English!

It is a pitty that I didn't know that ... please don't forget about me next time ...

Hey People. I am now in budapest :D I am moving into my new flat in the 9th district on monday :D:D:D. Just havn't met anyone yet. Only been here a few days and currently in district 15 so not really sure what to expect and i am a bit shy going up to people. Would be really nice to meet some people and actually have a conversation. Anything going on soon? Pleeeease lol

In 9 days I'm in BP also! Let's meet up soon!

Yes for me :)

I arrive at BP the 4th of october 2012 and I know nobody.
I am French :s lol

Hey all!

I've now settled here in BP and have enough energy to even go out today a bit. If anyone is interested/ have nothing else to do, meet me (or us) up in Szimpla Kert in the evening. I'll be going there with my boyfriend, one can recognize us from our dreadlocks. I'm the short girl with the long red locks and he's the one with the shorter blond locks. We'll be going there around eight o'clock. So don't be shy, just come and talk to us :) Would be nice to meet new people!

i'll try to find you, 8 should be early enough to be able to spot people there.

(tall, dark brown hair, blue eyes,... no extraordinary features I'm afraid :) )

Hi everyone ...
I am also new here and new in BP (relatively, I moved here last month!)...
I go to grad school here but would appreciate getting to know more people ...
I read somewhere about a weekly meeting of some sort, would you please let me know when and where... or if there is some sort of another event going on?

Thank you..

Budapest? Boring? Never... you need to get out :-)

Budapest Toastmasters is a good group of expats and local English-speakers ... it meets regularly and has a nice social element to it ...

The Irish Hungarian Business Circle (not exclusive to Irish and Hungarians) has a very social drinks night on the first Friday of every month at the Caledonia on Moszar utca - very open and friendly

The Club also meets on Friday evenings at Champs - it's another expat group

And this Wednesday, the Gift of the Gab at the Cotton Club is a fun charity night with lots of English-speakers from all over the world - good fun, too.

Baby Blue Banana (check them out on Facebook) run a lot of English-language events, too.

plenty to do...

Cheers

Mary

Hi Every one, My name is Kaushik and I am in Budapest , can I join you guys fr the next time meet up please.

Hello everyone,

You could organise an Expat.com meet up in Budapest. You could suggest a place, a date (2 or 3 weeks in advance) and time. ;)

Hi Kristina, hi everybody,

I moved to Budapest a few months ago and I'm looking forward to making new friends to make my life a bit easier in this beautiful town.
I come from Romania but I've also lived in France and Italy and hope to meet fun, interesting people so I'd love to join you if you'll go out sometime soon.

Looking forward to meeting you and enjoy Budapest,
Alice

Hi everybody !!!

I arrive at Budapest on Saturday 3th November.
So at 8pm ,if you want all, you come at the szimpla pub .
It's my meeeting point!

Say just YES if you come ;)

see you later!

I'll be there with my boyfriend. Hope to see lots of u guys there! :)

narcissi wrote:

I'm the short girl with the long red locks and my boyfriend is the one with the shorter blond locks.

I think that I will be able to come too.

excellent !!!

I learned from last meeting in Szimpla that 8pm is ok to meet new people and have a chat but after few hours the place gets really crowded and it is pain to queue 30min for a drink and you might have difficulties to hear what your friends are talking. See you there saturday :)

yes i know it!!
i spend a lot of of time in the szimpla and after 10pm it s just impossible to move lol
ok cool see you on saturday!

Hey,

IŽve been often in Szimpla with my husband in last few weeks, and it really wasnŽt problem to talk to someone or something like that, cause music is never too loud :) But if it is crowded, it is even better, you can meet more people :) So I am sure youŽre gonna have a great time. We would come also, but we are travelling home for this long weekend! See you some other time,

Iva

I am also new in Budapest here 3 weeks now from Ireland:))
Currently working as a hairdresser here :))

Just to let you know, Instant is a good place to meet as its huge and has lots of quite area's to sit and chat and is very popular to meet new people. Maybe a meet could be arranged there one day.

Hello Everyone :)
Im a bit late to this forum, since i arrived just recently to Budapest. But is everyone still interested in meeting up? A fun night at Szimpla sounds good, and also share some info on budapest events, language help and tips, etc... expats unite! haha
Ruben

Hi

I am coming to Budabest for my vacation and I am going to stay there for some days and i would like to meet someone, becouse i will be my first viist and I dont speak the languge

T-you

[Moderated]

Hi krisstina
Im new in Budapest and I dont know anybody either. Have you guys already met up? In any case lets organise something... Im Spanish and I start working tomorrow in this great city
Well let me know ;-)
Regards
Luis

If some people want to, I'm up for another expat gathering this weekend.

Friday or Saturday anybody interested?

id be interested too. saturday would be nice.

I can always check my schedule, why not? :)

it's a bit sudden though. Saturday works better for me then friday.

Alright, Saturday it is then.

Szimpla, 8PM

Matthiasdg wrote:

Alright, Saturday it is then.

Szimpla, 8PM

Where is that?

Address is: 1075 Budapest, Kazinczy Utca 14

Szimpla Kert is one of the 2-3 most well known bars in Budapest, so just ask directions if you get lost.

Easy to reach on foot from the tramstops (Tram 4-6) of Blaha Luisa Tér or Wesselényi Út or from Astoria Metrostation, depending where you come from.

Seeing as it is quite a big bar, I'll spend my time waiting in the "open space" just after entering (between the first bar and the souvenir shop)

Oh, nice, IŽll be there, too! It will be nice to meet you all!

I'll have to drop out in the last hour, can't make it :/