To get information about jobs in coupenhagen

hello
can any 1 guide me what are other jobs available in coupenhagen as i cant speak danish language but can speak english.kindly guide me.people saying that without danish language u cant get job is it true?

Hello saima38. :)

Can you tell us more about your professional profile?

In meantime, you can try to post an advert in the Jobs in Copenhagen section. It might help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

iam pharmacist have 1.5 year experience as community pharmacist .is it true without danish language i cant get job in denmark?what are other jobs availble then.whts average wages in denmark???????????kindly give me detailed guidence iam realy v thankful

Saima; It is correct that it is near impossible to find a job in Denmark if you don't speak Danish - this is because everything in Denmark is in Danish and English is only spoken in English classes in school or when interacting with tourists.

The average wages/salary in Denmark - well let me tell you that the minimum wages are about 13-14 euro an hour , of which about 40-50% is paid as income tax , so after tax you will have around 7 euro for 1 work of hour - this is the minimum salary , but there is not a huge gap in salaries in Scandinavia the way there is in other countries , so a politician might earn 3 times as much as a labourer rather than 100 times more as in some countries.

It will be difficult for you to work as a pharmist in Denmark if you cant interact with customers in Danish, and remember many dont speak English or are uncomfortable speaking English at a pharmacy.

www.jobindeks.dk is a Danish job site - try to type in some English keyword searches.

ok thanx dear is danish language vv difficult to learn?how much time required to learn it

Danish is a very difficult language to learn.  The written language is a bit easier to learn than the spoken language.  It sounds much different from how it is written, and learning the pronunciation is really difficult.  It's possible to become fluent within a year, but generally only if you are really good at language and can spend all of your time studying the language.  It's also nearly impossible to learn pronunciation if you don't hear it spoken on a daily basis.

A study has shown that Danish children are the last in Europe to start speaking, supposedly because the Danish language is so difficult to pronounce.

Hi friends. Thank you so much for your advices.
How about engineers?
I am Oil and Gas process engineer. IN your idea can I find a job in my field with English speaking?

The Job market is really tight in Denmark for everyone. Even if you know Danish, some of my Danish friends are still without jobs,2 years out. even menial jobs are tough to find these days.

Danish is a hard language to learn, if your a legal ressident you can receive up to 3 years of classes paid for by the Government FREE.

Hi everyone!

Before I came here I was told that maybe I could work just getting a work permit here since I am a Spanish teacher. I thought that there would not be any problem if I was learning Danish at the same time as I was working. However, now that I have got everything, my job contact has not replied me and I do not know if it is because I do not speak Danish and they are not interested in me anymore.

I have been looking at other School of Languages and it seems it is almost compulsory to speak Danish, so... maybe as a waitress yo do not need Danish?

What do you think???

Hey all, well I once had the same problem by now I do speak quite some Danish so I do have a better job. But jobs I have done without speaking Danish were Flyer distribution, I worked as a bar tender (many bars are not owned by Danes and they have several English speaking staff), in cleaning, friends of mine also worked in moving and yes as waiter/ress others also worked in packaging at Arla for example in the night or fruits etc distributing newspapers. These are some of the easiest jobs around. There is a lot of movement in this area so if you are really looking for a way to earn some good money there is always something free per my experience I was without a job for maybe a month in total. Your determination will count a lot. 
Most of these jobs will pay you 110 kr an hour before tax but you should still be able to go to your Danish lessons and learn Danish (I havenŽt done that I just decided to interact with Danes and learn the language like this. But this should give you an idea. Hope I could help :)

thank you lokit! I am trying to find people to tutor in private. However, if I do not earn enough I am thinking of doing some waitress stuff... it is something until I learn some Danish, you are right :D

Yeah there is at least 5 Spanish restaurants in Copenhagen that I know of but probably there are more ;) When we go for that coffee maybe we can see a few :)

fantastic!