Job offer in Ghana

Hi All!!

I have an offer from a very good company in Ghana. Its a 4 year contract.I am still pondering over the offer and require some suggestion. Is 1200 USD per month a good offer for ghana. The company will provide me accomodation[initialy as a bachelor], and all utility bills like electricity, water will be taken care by the company. They will also provide me company cab for transportaion.Internet, mobile[personal] are to be borne by me. Is is at all a good offer to consider? I am married with a 2 year old daughter...After 6 months probation they will sponsor my family for coming to ghana and also sponsor education upto two children.The company will deduct two months salary on prorata basis as a security deposit and incase of eergency leave I will have to keep 6000 usd with the company.  Could anyone please suggest me whther this offer is at all good...

I don't know what sort of conditions other companies put on their employees but I have never had to pay for the privilege of working abroad. A good company would have repatriation insurance for emergencies. When you say sponsor - does that mean they will pay for your family to join you and also for the children's education as both are quite expensive.
For a salary - it is adequate for a bachelor but would it be increased if you bring your family?
Anyway the choice is yours but I hope other people can advise you on the conditions imposed by the company.

Hello santro007.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Ghana forum.

Hope other members will advise you as well.

Thank you,
Aurélie