Moving to Bangalore with Infant

Hi!

I'm moving to Bangalore for 3 months from Vancouver at the end of August with my husband and my 5 month old son. Looking to see if there are any moms out there who'd be looking to meet up.

Cheers,
Carmen.

Oh Carmen... I'd love to. We have an 8 month old. But odds are you will be fairly far away to make a decent parent meet up. I love in the outskirty east of the city

Dear Carmen,
Welcome to Bangalore. Wish you a wonderful stay here.

Cool! We still haven't finalized where we'll be staying...possibly JP Nagar area or Koranangala....all depends what we find when we arrive.  Stay in touch and perhaps we can make it happen.
Any must have items that I ought to bring with me for baby, or can i assume that pretty much everything I need is available in Bangalore ??

C.

Sure thing. Just ping me when you land

You'll probably start solids once you get here. Rice cereal and some basic Gerber jars are available, but choice is limited. Ive found very few fInger foods. I prefer giving organic food and that's almost non existent. try getting plum organics super puffs (about 6 should be plenty for 3 months). They r great finger foods and my son loves them.

Oddly enough Indian diapers aren't that good. If u can get a stash at least for nighttime use, it'll be good.

If u r bf-ing...great. I was supplementing... so got similac with me. Enfamil is easily available here.

Hope that helps

Hi,

I'm interested in meeting other parents with kids, I'm staying in Hebbal, by any chance you end up in this area, let me know :) I have a 1-year-old daughter and a 3-year-old son.

Otherwise everything is available here, there are online baby shops too with free home delivery, you can check them out, but I believe you will find everything needed. I prefer firstcry.com , but babyoye.com is also good.

(We have tried quite many different diapers, Huggies Dry Comfort is the best you can get here.)

For sure. Well see where we end up! Most likely somewhere near IIMB.

Thanks for the advice. Based on what I've read I figured most things should be available.
On another note, how are the Mosquitos? Ive purchased Mosi Guard a product from the UK which is safe for infants and plan to keep him covered when we're out and about but was wondering whether it's a major concern. I know Bangalore is in a Malaria free area but nonetheless those damn Mosquitos do carry other sorts of diseases.

Thanks!

Mosquito repellent cream is available here too, we use Odomos for the kids, it has a nice fragrance also, you can find it in any pharmacy. For the night you can find mosquito net too, that you can fix above the bed.