Indian in Riyadh

I came here with my wife about a month ago.  She is teaching and i have been unable to find a position.  Anyone can help me find a job? Whatever it is, just need to earn some cash.

Thanks

what is your profession?

I might help

I am from Mumbai(India), please guide me following releated to my relocation in Riyadh.
1. Food Expences for 3persons (Couple with Child).
2. Accomadation for 1BHK/1Room Kitchen.
3. Indian School Fees for 1st STd....?
4. Saftey of Life..?
5. Work Culture..?
6.Treatment to Indians..?
7. Is there in Cinema Theaters.
8. Can we use yahoo messenger, Orkut & other chat sies.

I am planning to shift with my wife & 5yrs. kid, please advise me the monthly expences to live there..
I am getting a 9000SR, is it Ok for an Engineer with 10years experience.

Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..reply fast..?

Mumbaigoldstar wrote:

I am from Mumbai(India), please guide me following releated to my relocation in Riyadh.
1. Food Expences for 3persons (Couple with Child).
2. Accomadation for 1BHK/1Room Kitchen.
3. Indian School Fees for 1st STd....?
4. Saftey of Life..?
5. Work Culture..?
6.Treatment to Indians..?
7. Is there in Cinema Theaters.
8. Can we use yahoo messenger, Orkut & other chat sies.

I am planning to shift with my wife & 5yrs. kid, please advise me the monthly expences to live there..
I am getting a 9000SR, is it Ok for an Engineer with 10years experience.

Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..Please..reply fast..?

Dear Mumbai...

1. food is relatively reasonable here in Riyadh just depend on the place you shop at. for example, if you shop at Al-Tameme supermarket (which is one of the supermarkets in Riyadh) you will find yourself spending more, but if you shop somewhere else you might the find the difference.

2.If you are not tending to live in a guarded compound then I would assume that you will find somewhere to live easily. Based on your inputs, I would say 10K to 15K would cost for the living per a year.

I think Al-Wazarat district is populated with so many Indians, when I go there I feel like I am in India lol... all the signs, people, and restaurants give that feeling. 

3. I am not sure about this one because I don't have any experience about it but I can ask for you. I guess you need to decide where will live so to approach the availability of the schools.

4. Safety, I would assume you can have a reasonable safety level. You might not face someone pointing the gun at your face to rub your money/car away.

5. Depend on where you will be working at.

6. well, I would say in Riyadh Indians are part of the Saudi culture. These folks been here for a long time and I know some of the big families in Riyadh are originally Indians.

7. No Cinema

8. Yes, you can easily, however, if you find it blocked lol let me know... I will help ya out :D

I like the way you've organized your questions... it helped me out a lot.

good luck and ask more if you need more clarification

And as a common courtesy, you should not hijack others threads and instead start your own. It makes it a lot easier, even when responses are given.

thanks for making that clear daexpat. ;)

omg, Salman!!

You just tried to hijack MINE!

:P no I didnt! lol! prove it :D