Scared that I will feel super loney in KSA

Hi there everyone!!

Wow i am now scared of having a feeling of being super lonely in Saudi. What i am scared of is the one will go to work and then come back home and just have yourself to entertain yourself with. Yes you can email, skype and watch movies all day long and then that is not fun anymore!! I have been told that i will be given a single apartment and will be in Riyhad.

Can you make friends and interact with others doing the same thing as you are?

Maybe the following?

1. Can you make friends with other men? Travel and do things over the weekend?

2. Possible to make friends on compounds and go and visit? And do they have to accompany you to get in?

3. Have gettoghters inside a compound. If invited?

4. Join people and go for trips toghter ? Eg male/females

5. is there anything that embassy's do to make your time not so lonely there.

Would like to hear from people there and what type of social support they have AND or if you have to wish away the hours and hours!!??

Please i want to understand the difference of being lonely and not.

I know you cant date/ Have sex and drink alcohol. but i just want to get an idea if people there are seriously lonely or can they make some sort life livable?

1. Can you make friends with other men? Travel and do things over the weekend - YES
2. Possible to make friends on compounds and go and visit? And do they have to accompany you to get in - YES
3. Have gettoghters inside a compound. If invited - YES
4. Join people and go for trips toghter ? Eg male/females - YES/NO
5. is there anything that embassy's do to make your time not so lonely there - YES

See its not that bad !! :)

mate you make me feel its prison not KSA , i don't know about your city (RUH)  that much . however its impossible to be like that  that lonely .  you can enjoy it like a lot i mean came on  . go to a gym . meet new friends at work  be active , be positive  , habibi its not kinder-garden . you are old enough to know the diffrance  . you are on your own ppl will not just came to meet you , you have to go to them   . its about the life you came to make sure that will came true .  why you have came to KSA to meet people or to work ? it cant be both , but at the time you will be just fine if you conserder your self like one of us .

can i be friends with men ? no you cant OMG is that even a question !? of course you can its not like we will eat you alive . give me a break man . cool down

( please a cold soda with a drink ) it was a coment joke of drinking from giving to much information 

If you know what i mean !!:dumbom: how can you !!?

Saimans thanks! Hitch no, i don't know what you mean!!! Do really don't make much sense sorry.

phillip11 wrote:

Saimans thanks! Hitch no, i don't know what you mean!!! Do really don't make much sense sorry.

:D I thought I was the only one not to understand him !! :(

But gradually I have started to.....:)

please tell me you do now or please use a comment translator .

its like im talking Japaneses around here !!:dumbom:

Hitch, I understood what you said :)

Alliecat wrote:

Hitch, I understood what you said :)

you always do Allicate its like mind-reader to them .

I've been working with non-native speakers of English for quite a while.  Knowing what people are trying to say is one of my skills :lol:

ohhh ouch thats hurt , i though i have a well English !!?

dont tell me like every paragraph needs one idea stuff :whistle:

great now we are going :offtopic:

Hitch wrote:

ohhh ouch thats hurt , i though i have a well English !!?

dont tell me like every paragraph needs one idea stuff :whistle:

great now we are going :offtopic:

You're a cutie-pie!  :)

Thanks i do okay . :shy

Sorry Hitch,

Maybe I didn't read between the lines.. But making friends with guys.... Not gay or anything but just friends... Since you cant mix with ladies!!!

allicat please explain what Hitch meens then?

Haha

phillip11 wrote:

Sorry Hitch,

Maybe I didn't read between the lines.. But making friends with guys.... Not gay or anything but just friends... Since you cant mix with ladies!!!

Haha

you make me feel like i wanna kill my self , like god give me the strength not to . HABIBI " in a good way of course " im your first friend . who mentioned anything about being gay ?

Allicate , you are a teacher right ? please teach me what did i do wrong ? :sosad:

Hitch wrote:

you make me feel like i wanna kill my self

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

Hitch wrote:

Allicate , you are a teacher right ? please teach me what did i do wrong ? :sosad:

Actually, this post of yours was almost perfect, habibi!  :top:

@philip: Nobody is lonely on EB. Don't know about KSA ;)

Where is EB? I want to go there!

I'll get you the link.
Click here

phillip11 wrote:

phillip11 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

EB - Expat.com !!!

Shoe thanks... Ok hope KSA wount be me falling into depression!!!

:(

http://skypeemoticons.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Skype-emoticons-36-giggle.gif

phillip11 wrote:

Shoe thanks... Ok hope KSA wount be me falling into depression!!!

:(

Cheer up buddy !

:D

Phillip- I'm no Doctor but you need to take a few deep breaths and relax. Riyadh is a massive place- there are millions of people- you will not be lonely even if you don't make it onto a western compound (saw your other thread). Just look forward to your new challenge and things will hopefully work themselves out. :top:

You've always got the lovely people on EB to converse with and you never know there may even be an EB Riyadh meet at a coffee shop soon- if someone takes interest in organising it.

Before anyone says it- I have not reached Riyadh yet (3 weeks to go) so I am in no position to organise anything.

Hey 1Max,

Ok Ok think your right, i must relax a little. Just had so many mixed fibes from KSA that i was just getting a little worried about what life would be like... eb meet up? will that be allowed??

Haha, ok 1max, i am there in 2 wks you on 3 wks. Let's make a plan and organize....

PS if this website isn't blocked when we get there!! :)

Philip

There is plenty of stuff to do and people to meet don't fret about being lonely. If you sit in your accommodation and do nothing but play on the internet then you will not have a great life out here you need to get out and join some of the social groups that are about. Let us know if you hit the sand and you will be guided in the right direction.

Regards

Martin

Philip

I will be heading on vacation just as you hit the dirt. Will DM you wwith some ideas tomorrow when I am on a pc and not an iPhone.

Martin

phillip11 wrote:

Hey 1Max,

Ok Ok think your right, i must relax a little. Just had so many mixed fibes from KSA that i was just getting a little worried about what life would be like... eb meet up? will that be allowed??

Haha, ok 1max, i am there in 2 wks you on 3 wks. Let's make a plan and organize....

PS if this website isn't blocked when we get there!! :)

As the saying goes 'Insha'Allah' for making plans in advance.
This site is very well moderated and i can't see it being blocked anytime soon.

K cool. Enjoy the rest of the evening.

Chat later. :)

i want to invite you for a bowling.....is it ok for you?:cool:

@benchmarkzenith.

Are you just inviting Phillip or could you extend the invitation. I promise to pay my own way :D

phillip11 wrote:

Oh my oh my, you are already in it!!!!!:lol:

Hitch wrote:
phillip11 wrote:

Sorry Hitch,

Haha

you make me feel like i wanna kill my self , like god give me the strength not to . HABIBI " in a good way of course " im your first friend . who mentioned anything about being gay ?

@Phillip11: or you read too much between the lines!!!!!!:lol:

@hitch: don't put your messages between the lines, they got confused!!! :lol: maybe you can put it between two circles! :dumbom:

@benchmarkzenith.!!

Yes Please that would be great, would love to come!! Please let me know where and how to get in touch with you!

:)

@Philip: I know since you are coming in some 10 days, you must be excited and at the same time confused as to whether the decision is right or not.

Don't worry people adjust to the boredom soon provided you are into some activities such as
1. Gyms (they have good gyms in riyadh)
2. Frequent trips to bahrain by car
3. Even for long weekend you can try going to abu dhabi and dubai for fun and party
4. Enjoy awesome driving experience by getting hold of a nice BMW or Rangerover kinda jeep through which your travelling will be good
5. in Riyadh people die for socializing :), so if you are personally good at talking to random people then I am sure you can find good friends here.

Hope that helps
Regards

mate at the end things going to be will for you Phil , just think what you want to do it .

beside , u got us . mashallah you have like million advices , and every one here is understandable .

im sure u will be just fine .

pkmusd wrote:

5. in Riyadh people die for socializing :)

We are still alive!!! :dumbom:

Seriously, pkmusd :one
nice!!!

Yeah we are :)

Hope things are well with you guys and adjusted well to the ramadan timings

Yeah we are. The only problem is if you forgot to pack your lunch or you didn't have time to pack your lunch, you'll starve! (I'm referring to those people who don't do fasting! Excuse me please! Thanks!)
No place to buy your food since most of the restaurants near our workplace opens at 4 p.m.. :(