Việt Kiều Teachers

The school I work for may be looking for a few VK teachers for some corporate training work.  PM me if you'd like the contact information for the school.

Teacher_Mark,

I referred a few of the Snake Oil Salesmen to your ABC English gig last night.  I didn't know that they made it there that fast???  :D

But hey, if it is to teach upstanding and pragmatic Vietnamese business people, I am interested.

Can you tell me a little bit more about it.  And, please Teacher_Mark, no snake oil pitch, please.  :idontagree:

Howie

Hello I am a viet kieu, from NYC lived in the states for 28 years. I would like more information on this. What times and what exactly is the school looking for?

Wild_1 wrote:

Teacher_Mark,

I referred a few of the Snake Oil Salesmen to your ABC English gig last night.  I didn't know that they made it there that fast???  :D

But hey, if it is to teach upstanding and pragmatic Vietnamese business people, I am interested.

Can you tell me a little bit more about it.  And, please Teacher_Mark, no snake oil pitch, please.  :idontagree:

Howie

I know you're joking, but the owner of the school told me about the job and he is certainly not a con man.  I was actually stunned, and glad, that someone was actually requesting VK, instead of discriminating against them.

The contact information is easy enough to find, since it's the same place that donates the use of their building for the English club.  Can you believe that he doesn't want any information about the programs he offers mentioned in the free classes?  He said that they would ask the receptionist if they were interested; that there was no need to mention it.

The Ellis Academy Home Page

The contact information is at the bottom of the page.  My advice is to drop off a CV.  They may already have a teacher, but this let's the VK readers on this site know of a school that will consider hiring them.

I don't know who the company(s) are, but I'm sure they're reputable.  He has some pretty big clients.

Now the user that posted my personal information in this forum (that he obtained from LinkedIn) can update my CV for me.

Hi Teacher Mark, do not forget that you may also post an advert in the section Jobs in HCMC.;)

Harmonie.

Harmonie wrote:

Hi Teacher Mark, do not forget that you may also post an advert in the section Jobs in HCMC.;)

Harmonie.

OK.

ktnguyen wrote:

Hello I am a viet kieu, from NYC lived in the states for 28 years. I would like more information on this. What times and what exactly is the school looking for?

You should check your inbox, because my boss wants to see your CV.

Wild_1 wrote:

Teacher_Mark,

Howie

You're in Can Tho?  This job is in Bien Hoa, I think.  The teacher is taken there, and returned to HCMC by car.

Teacher_Mark,

I had a pretty nice offer in HCMC and was thinking about moving there.  Furthermore, I was getting a good hang of teaching, from my tutoring and business consultation works.

But now, as much as I like helping the real Vietnamese business people, I highly doubt that I will follow through with the move.  Maybe some other time, down the line...  I just have too much going down this way.

That was pretty cool of you to post the job offer on here though.  And I skimmed through the site a little, that is a pretty good place that you are working at, Teacher_Mark.  Unlike many language schools that I have seen throughout Vietnam, yours is one of the few that really seem to have it together: well-defined goals, an emphasis on quality, etc.

He's the best boss I've ever had, except for my father.  I say that based on 2 weeks of work, but it's obvious the guy's not a jerk.  I can't seem to stop talking in rhymes. I guess it will pass in due time!

Princess Bride, can't find the time to create the rhymes. "Does anyone want to peanut?"

ktnguyen wrote:

Princess Bride, can't find the time to create the rhymes. "Does anyone want to peanut?"

:D  Sometimes I cheat, but only when I have writer's block.

Rhyme Zone:  The Rhyming Dictionary

He wants more CV's.  I think there are multiple jobs available.

Hi Mark,

I know I am a bit late on this but I was wondering if positions were still available at the Academy.

BTW, I am a former California resident for 30 years.

Best,

Vinh