Top 5 Kyiv hotels I recommend you to stay in

NB!

1 - I have never stayed in the mentioned ones as far as I live in Kyiv and have my own place where to reside ) I chose this hotels by criteria of foreign and Ukrainian tourists recommendations, locations, price and just my own taste.
2 – Please, leave your comments, recommendations, and pieces of advice, helpful and useful links and impressions if you stayed there. That is greatly appreciated.

Here we go)

1) Bakkara art-hotel ***. Hotel which is situated on the water as a great ship, though not far from the city center. Creative, non- stereotype, in the green area with all modern essentials, that's why it is on the top of my priorities )) P.S. Prices are really reasonable.

2) Rus Hotel ***. It is situated near Olimpiyskiy Stadium. Prices maybe are a bit higher than in Bakkara, though they both belong to one hotel chain. I can't say anything special more about it but I was told by tourists that it is pretty good hotel with English-speaking staff. That's why the second place =)

3) Hyatt Regency Kiev *****.  Beautifully located in the historical center of Kyiv near Sofievs'ka and Mihailivs'ka churches, the Volodymyrska Hill Park, 19th century one, is not far from. 5 stars, that goes without comments, prices are not low). 4th place.

4) Hostels. Cheap and I hope safe place to stay in. This one – KyivSun Hotel – is situated in the center and prices surprised me =) They are extremely low. Website has English version and I hope staff is English speaking too.

As for Panorama Hostel, prices should be clarified by contacting them, I suppose, they are a bit higher than in KyivSun Hotel, but view from a window is beautiful, though it is situated 30-40 min from downtown by public transport.

5) Apartments. For the most risky and independent the variant of renting an apartment I think is pretty good one. Advantages – you are the host in your new temporary home, and it can be pretty cheap though not always, disadvantages – you should contact and interact with a private person what is not always reliable, sometimes given photos of apartment may differ from real conditions and etc. If you want to use real-estate agency you will overpay for sure. Also you should use agency with a name, because there are a lot of ‘fakes' to take money from you and give nothing.
Here one Russian speaking website where you can find apartment from its owner, i.e. directly. English speaking ads can be met here.

I wish you to have a good luck in planning your trip and choose a good place to stay in =)

Best regards,
Maria

PS unfortunately as i now see all my web links to these mentioned things are deleted by moderators, so ask me privately, if you need the link to some point u r interested in)

The list of  5 luxury Kiev hotels:
time4kyiv.com/1/post/2012/08/kyiv-luxury-hotels.html

Thanx, kiev-assist,

Finally I got a reply here)

I looked that list through - nothing surprised me )) in any case, useful link.