New to town

Hello!

I moved to Dusseldorf 5 weeks ago without knowing anyone in town. Can you relate?

I would love to meet new people to explore Dusseldorf with. It seems like an interesting place to live, and IŽm eager to see more of it.

I like to rock climb, hike, cook, travel, dance, etc. Also, let me know if you need an exercise partner! I could use the motivation!

IŽm interested in grabbing coffee or a beer as well!

Hope to hear from you!

Priya

Welcome on Expat-blog Priya! :)

Wish you good luck there.

The Dusseldorf expat network might help to get some contacts.

All the best.

I am in Cologne, not so far from your new residence.  I envy you being there because your city is far more refined and open-minded than my city, Cologne.  I can tell so much as that my adopted city is fairly branded a redneck hell, esp. in comparison to your city. Anyhow, please drop a note when you pay a visit to Cologne.  We may be able to click a couple of cold beer after jogging thru a park.

Hi Priya

I am moving to Dusseldorf the first week of January.  Like you I will be living Germany without know anyone...I could use an exercie partner as well for motivation : ) A beer sounds good as well.

Vicky

In which part of Dusseldorf do u stay

Hi Priya,

I'm Shiva here. I hope you are doing well. I work for a Multinational Bank in Germany as a Senior IT Consultant. I'm presently working out of India and would be coming over to Germany by the 2nd week of Jan'09 and would be living in Dusseldorf. I dont know anyone either..i'm absolutely as new to the country as you!!! and would like to explore Duss, meet and connect with people.

I like to travel, meet new people, dance(offcourse!! thats my passion)

If you are intrested let me know so we could probably meet up for a coffee!!! beer!!! i'm game too:-)

Shiva

kulaya wrote:

In which part of Dusseldorf do u stay

I am moving to Kaiserswerth.  I am actually arriving on the 6th and will be in Argumund until my furniture arrives from the states.  Where do you live?

Vicky

Hi Priya,

My name is Manu, I am living here in Düsseldorf already for quite some time but I am still unfamiliar with this city.
It would be great finding someone who wants to explore this city as well, so if you like we could meet up for a coffee or tea (..etc).

Just let me know!

Best regards,
Manu

Hi Priya,
My name is Sofia, I will be moving to Dusseldorf mid May, been living in Brasil for the last three years
How are you settling in??Is your first time in Germany??
I love cooking and dancing as well.
Hope we can catch up when I get there. Would love to meet new people when I get there...makes it easier!

Cheers,
Sofia

Hey Priya

We had communicated before I moved here...now I am in Dussledorf (Kaiserswerth)...where in Dusseldorf are you?

Vicky

Ooohhhh I just coma to Berlin.
Is anyone lives here?
Need a new friend he he he

hello priya

i m an indian living in köln

i wud like some native frens
wud u be my fren?

Hi all. I chanced across this forum via Google. I commute regularly to D'dorf for work and am looking for things to do around Duckdorf (that's what friend of mine calls it because of the local weather he says is most befitting for water fowl) and people to do it with.

Hi all,

I'll be going to frankfurt by mid august, is there anyone whoc could help me th way of living in frankfurt?thanks

Priya2009 wrote:

Hello!

I moved to Dusseldorf 5 weeks ago without knowing anyone in town. Can you relate?

I would love to meet new people to explore Dusseldorf with. It seems like an interesting place to live, and IŽm eager to see more of it.

I like to rock climb, hike, cook, travel, dance, etc. Also, let me know if you need an exercise partner! I could use the motivation!

IŽm interested in grabbing coffee or a beer as well!

Hope to hear from you!

Priya

still in town?

hi everyone!!
I am also recently moved to the city :):) Having the same dilemma ;)....Would like to meet new interesting people in the area. I'm 28, come from Poland but been living in usa for couple years;)
I am very open-minded, love to know new cultures, try new things, have interesting discussions....

have a great day!
B...

Hi!

I live already 2 months in Dusseldorf and i am looking forward to see all the good stuff of the city. The problem is that i don't know anyone yet to join me and alone isn't so nice...
If you want to join me i would be glad :)

hai priya how are you iam mukesh from india woring in naval dockyard how is life there pls tell me about u and germany

Hi,

My name is Maria and i have just moved to Dusseldorf. I am looking so much forward to meet new people to go out and have some beers, i also love traveling and i am willing to travel al around the great places we have around! Does anyone would like to meet for some drinks? I speak spanish, english and trying hard to learn some german....

Cheers
Maria

Hey Priya, Vicky, and everyone!
I'm new here and I live in Kaiserswerther as well! Have you already managed to have something organized? If so, please let me know.
I'd like to explore the city more and get to know people around.
Do you speak German already? I am taking classes now but still have no chance to practice!
See you :)

hi priya,
         i moved to duessledorf this feb...i am here for an onsite assignment for my company...do let me know if u wanna catch up some day...nevertheless have an exciting time over here...bye bye cya

I am new too!
I arrived 3 weeks ago.
I am from Brisbane, Australia.
Would love to make some friends!

Hi,

I have been in Stuttgart for more than 6 months now.
At the moment I was just surfing the internet to find some friends to travel together in europe.

Recently one of my friend has come here from India and he has got a car from his office last week so together we were just planning to visit few places in Switzerland/Austria/Paris during the Easter holidays. Though I know driving and have driven to Munich this weekend, but still need some european travel mate who knows a bit of the language and understand some of the travel signs/signals.

We are planning for the easter holidays, so if you are interested then please drop in an email and we can meet/talk during this week over a coffee/phone to further plan.

Thanks and Njoi,
Shikhar

Hello Priya, sometimes I go for a running near the rheine river. do you want to join some day?

Hey I am Indian moving to Cologne then i have some work at Dusseldorf as well so guys who would like to catch its always nice to meet our country people in  new place.

no offence to other country people i m open to meeting anyone and share a coffee at any of locations above mentioned