Medical Attention in Saudi

Hi Everyone!! Wow I have a job with the education Experts ( Recruitment via UK) flying out in the 11 Aug 2012 to Riyhad.

Please can anyone advice on the following. I KNOW I KNOW.. some of this has been discussed and i have spent a few days reading as much as i can but a few things still seem hard to understand!

THE BUSINESS VISA?????? 90 day/ single entry
CLASS "A" medical insurance provided by company

From what i gather there is allot of people coming in on these visa's and working no problem!?

1. IF YOU GET SICK AND NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION can you just go and see a Doctor? Or do you need to carry a card? What is the process of actually getting to see a Doctor or going to hospital?

2. Without Iqama you get paid in cash and can still wire money home?

Some help would really really help me loads to relax a little!!

phillip11 wrote:

1. What is the process of actually getting to see a Doctor or going to hospital?

2. Without Iqama you get paid in cash and can still wire money home?

Some help would really really help me loads to relax a little!!

1. Move out of your bed, Take a taxi, go to the doctor/hospital, pay the fees, get back on the bed and take rest !! :P See its that easy....

2. You cannot wire money out of KSA without an Iqama. However, a friend of yours can do it on your behalf !!

Haha.

OK i understand, it is so easy as getting out of bed and getting to the Dr... Thanks that's sort of the answer i was looking for.

I was just concerned as i was quite sick lately with a bowl infection. And was worried that if this was to happen over there and because of the wrong visa type you might not get help once there!

But i understand better... Even if you have to pay yourself you would still have access to hospitals and Dr's..

Wiring money out though i would have to make a friend first!!! And then also is there nothing like money gram to send money out?

Thanks for replies. Have helped allot already

phillip11 wrote:

And then also is there nothing like money gram to send money out?

I have never heard of this or tried this, May be other members on the forum might be of any help to you.

Good Luck:)

Ok thanks alot man.
Apprecaite your time.

:)

- "A" class Insurance will mean a card. You can visit any doc in any hosiptal under the insurance coverage.

- Western Union money transfer service allows international transactions without iqama; though for a limited amount/month (~7,000 SAR). But that's a hearsay.

Ok that is very helpful. So the Hospital and Medical side is sorted then.

Thanks i feel alot beter and have a better understanding of the "A" class medical insurance

Only 7000? ok a least something!!

Thanks once again.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

-
- Western Union money transfer service allows international transactions without iqama; though for a limited amount/month (~7,000 SAR). But that's a hearsay.

:one, But is this legal ??

I think so @saimans. By limiting the amount/month, they have taken the precautions against possible money laundering.

Ok i understand!! But if you can proof that the amount came from your salary? How can that be money laundering?

KSA is not a very well systemized country yet (in terms of financial matters at least) Phillip. So they have generalized the avoidance policies and allowing only very controlled transactions out of the way.