We need your help urgently please...

Hı all,

My husband has an offer from Saudı Erıccson and we are consıderıng to move to Rıyadh from London. However we have no ıdea about the compounds( must be famıly frıendly wıth lots of actıvıtıes to do for the kıds), how much ıs a good sıze for example a 4 bedroom house/vılla rental cost(company wıll pay the rent), how much ıs the lıvıng cost for a famıly of 4, good schools for my lıttle boys, they are 8 and 5 years old (company wıll pay the school fees) and what would you suggest the salary should be for enable us to save enough money for the future? Also the company gave us two choıces whether buy/rent our own car and they wıll gıve £350 per month as a car allowance or they wıll gıve us a car. Whıch one would be the best?

As you can see we have no ıdea!:(

Hope you guys can help us.

Many thanks

Dee

Western Compounds in Saudi Arabia; Expat Housing in KSA

Most expats find themselves living on Western Compounds in Saudi Arabia, this Expat Housing in KSA is like living in a small self contained holiday villages (or prisons, depending on your point of view), the better ones having multiple pools, restaurants, markets and so on. Within the compounds the dress is western, some going as far as banning any form of Saudi dress and certainly Saudis are not allowed on at all socially!

Generally accommodation on western compounds in KSA is of reasonable quality and quite spacious, compound living is quite expensive compared to living off compound (Anywhere from 100,000 to 200,000SAR for a 3 bed villa or even more) but most westerners choose this way of life due to freedom and security as well as the facilities. I would not recommend living off compound if you have a wife and children, at least within the compound they have relative freedom.

Most Expats have their accommodation costs paid directly by their employer who will also normally arrange your expatriate housing in Saudi Arabia. However there is a shortage of good housing in the better compounds in the main cities, it may take some time to get somewhere suitable for yourself and your family.

Do yourself a favor and go through the threads.  Soooooo much has been written about everything you asked about.

Alliecat wrote:

Do yourself a favor and go through the threads.  Soooooo much has been written about everything you asked about.

:one

ırmak wrote:

what would you suggest the salary should be for enable us to save enough money for the future?

If you ask me there is no upper limit to it !! The more the merrier....:P

Hi,

Iam still to be an expat soon in Riyadh...so obviousely Iam not going to be able to answer your questions....but Iam just intrigued about why are you asking about things the ''company will pay for?''...If I were you I would do ''me'' a favor and ask about other staff you are going to pay for...
As for the ''saving'' I think it is all relative. It depends on the individual and what is he/she coming to KSA for...

I wish you all the best
K