Nu Scam had rear end kicked before.

Hi Gang,

A couple month ago, I had this well-dressed guy and his pretty-faced sidekick, from Nu Scam, coming into my place of business and asked me to help distribute their products.  I had never heard of them before, but having been in business for a while, it didn't take me long to kick both of them out of my doors.

In recent weeks, I saw a couple of similar guys on here, from the same company, trying to push their scheme.  After watching them calling out all kinds of people, I and a couple of you got into it with them a little. 

Then this morning, another dumb-a$$, from the exact company, came on here and uploaded the company's logo onto his avatar.  I was livid, reported the fool, and went straight to work on what this company was about.

Guess what?  Well, I will let this report speak for itself:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/1997/08/nuskin3.shtm

They try to hide their scheme pretty good.  If you google their name and scam, you will see a list full of them reporting how other Snake Oil Salesmen are trying to fool people, and that theirs were the only legitimate products on the market.  (Help me out here, what is the name of that fallacy, gang?)

Very good info!

Thanks, Halfwway.  I still think that they got off pretty light on the plead deal.

Wild_1 wrote:

Help me out here, what is the name ?

Ehh... political campaign? :unsure

Anatta,

Political campaign???  Where did you get that from, State Pen?  :dumbom:

Wild_1 wrote:

Anatta,

Political campaign???  Where did you get that from, State Pen?  :dumbom:

Dude
By State Pen, did you mean State Penitentiary or Penn State University, the football team? :)

Howie,

How are you? Still active huh? Great link.

Not sure if you are aware.... they are having a product launch and recruitment in HCMC on August 10. Hope not too many (NO) Vietnamese going to sign up for this without knowing the whole story. :(

If you are in town, you may want to attend ! The details are in the Net.

Anatta,

Of course, I meant State Penitentiary!  Penn State is just too good for you.  Although, I think you can now go play football for them.  :proud

Wild_1 wrote:

Anatta,

Penn State is just too good for you.  Although, I think you can now go play football for them.  :proud

Great. Did you not just leave them quite recently. Why is the suddenness, dude? Thought you were doing great, no?

Michael,

It has been a while.  How have you been?  When are you going come to Can Tho and drink again, man?

As for the snake oil industry and MLM, I think I will pass.  Maybe I could send Jaitch, he loves these things.  :D

Drop me a line sometimes.  Or, when you are in Vietnam, give me a holler. 

Howie

Michael
Did you not see what Howie is up to?

He is attacking other MLM's while he is secretly building up his own. This is part I of this effort!! Look, read his own words

Wild_1 wrote:

reporting how other Snake Oil Salesmen are trying to fool people, and that theirs were the only legitimate products on the market.

:P

And why am I telling you this, revealing his devious scheme?

I am building my own MLM, shh..  :top:

Ha!... not too sure what other MLM are there.

The other MLM that I am thinking.... maybe... Money Laundering Marketing. I heard FD interest rates in VN is 11%.:/ In Singapore it's only 0.45% pa :(

I have a few friends who retired in VN and just enjoying life on the interest alone.!

Very tempting..:P

MichaelChan wrote:

Ha!... not too sure what other MLM are there.

The other MLM that I am thinking.... maybe... Money Laundering Marketing.

well, I can tell you. In Vietnam, it is called real estate business, as per the words of one representative in one of the National Assembly of Vietnam meetings.

Anatta

Seriously, I have alway wanted to invest in real estate in VN. But there are too many restrictions and risks for foreigners. I believe right now, the ROI is also not as attractive as it was in the past.

If you have some legit work around, I am happy to hear from you. You can PM me your suggestions.

Hmmm.... was in touch with the rep and asked him about the link. Here is the reply..... what do you think......it'still a MLM model regardless :(

Quote -
"Thank you for the link.

That's history. The company made the mistake of making claims that were not substaniated at that time. This is 2012.

Look at the stock price of this company in NYSE between then and now and you will know that this company is not the usual fly-by-night co.

The launched by the comapny is schedule on 10 & 11 August at SECC HCMC. Be there and you will know why this company is so successful around the world. Vn will be it 53rd market.

Hope to see you there."

Michael
Pretty busy those days to type detailed responses, but if I recall correctly, there are mainly two venues for foreigners:

1. Buy apartment as a foreign investor/organization:

The legal basis would be Resolution 19 Article 1.2 of Resolution 19/2008/QH12 of the National Assembly of Vietnam dated 3 June
2008. It states that:
•Residential houses which foreign organizations and individuals are eligible to purchase and own pursuant to this Resolution mean apartments in apartment buildings of projects for development of commercial residential housing, and which are not in an area in which
foreigners are restricted or prohibited from residence and movement.
•A foreign individual or organization is entitled to purchase apartments from:
– a real property business enterprise that conducts investment and
construction pursuant to a project for commercial development of housing
approved by the competent body, in order to sell or lease the apartments at market price; and
– an individual whose apartment is available and was previously purchased
from a project for commercial development of housing and was issued with a
housing ownership certificate in accordance with the law.

2. Develop real estate project:
You need to partner with a Vietnamese partner who holds the LUR (Land Usage Rights). The legal basis is the Vietnamese Land law.

Contribution of land use rights as capital:

Some land users are able to use their land use rights as capital to invest in enterprises. A common example of this is where the Vietnamese party to a joint venture contributes capital to the joint venture by contributing their rights in relation to a piece of land.
Generally, in order to contribute land use rights, the Vietnamese party
must have been allocated the land use rights and have paid all owing
land use fees in full.
Once contributed, the joint venture enterprise has the same rights as
land users who are allocated land by the State with full payment of land
use fees. They may assign, lease, donate, mortgage or even contribute
the land use rights.

As for the current residential market situation, I let you read the latest CBRE report
http://www.cbrevietnam.com/wp-content/u … -Final.pdf