How are tattoos perceived in kuwait ??

hello all, i have just had an hour telephone interview with a UK company with a depot in Kuwait. should i be lucky and get the job, great. if not keeping a look out.
my question is "how are tattoos perceived in kuwait?". form my time in the british military i was young and got some tattoos, i have 1 on each forarm (ship and a eagle) also a wedding band.

please let me know when you can guys............

thanks in advance

there are no problems ...i have one on the forearm...i saw many guys with tattoos on both arms....even a girl with a huge one on her shoulder..

Most poeople here (including arabs themselves) have tattoos. No one cares or says anything. Its normal.

thanks guys
just been informed thru to 2nd telephone interview..........

tattoos are not uncommoon in kuwait

Does anyone know of a kind of "plaster" that you can get here in Kuwait to cover your tattoos?  Someone here said that is what some of the workers used, but she didn't know any more information about it.

Isn't a plaster just a band-aid?

Oh I was thinking it was like some sort of cover up, like something wet that is flesh colored and then you put it on and it dries and covers up the tattoo.  But now that you point it out, I am surprised I didn't realize she probably meant band aid.  I am sure it won't be the first time I misunderstand someone here :)

Haha! We Americans don't always speak proper English, as "Band-aid" is a brand of what the Brits would call plasters! Like in the Southern US, all sodas are called "Coke". Ha!

I love tattoos, they tell a wee story about the person :)

Ally

AllyBee wrote:

I love tattoos, they tell a wee story about the person :)

Ally

I feel the same!  I think I will get one after I get to Kuwait to represent that journey. I've already got a couple ideas. :D

thanks all, just had face to face interview confirmed for friday 10 with the area manager.
here goes............

Good luck Vindaloolad!! Have my fingers crossed for you :)

Ally

Thanks all.

So just had the face 2 face interview and it went really well, next stage is 3-4 day visit to Kuwait, then visa apps meds etc. I just wanna go now.............but I think it may well be at least 8 weeks.
Does anyone have info experience on living working around block 3? I'll start a new thread.
Laters

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

U can buy plasters from any Harley Davidson shop hare in Kuwait even from at airport departure branch. Tht u can hide ur tatoo but even tattoos are normal thing hare in kuwait