Filipina get pregnant in germany

What will happen if a filipina woman will get pregnant in germany? Not yet married and jst have a student visa for 5 mons.

How's your health insurance coverage?
That will be the main issue, I think.

PS: Best thing would maybe be to contact your embassy and ask them what the steps to take would be?

student visa for 5 months? that doesnt help.malamang nakauwi kana sa pinas kapag nanganak ka....but if sa germany ka maglabor be sure included sya sa health insurance mo.

I think mahihirapan ka nyan sis.. take Nicole's advise contact the Phil. embassy there.. for sure they can help u:)

may restrictions sa plane. if you have to take a flight on the way to pinas, they won't allow you to do so if you are 7 or 8 months already (i've read for some airlines).

in germany, it will be mandatory that the child is included in your health insurance whether you are able to pay for it or not. i am not sure if your premium will increase significantly because maraming students sa germany na may family din.

malamang the child will get his kindergeld, that is if you both are still here. you can ask for financial support from his biological vater but i guess only in effect if he has access to the child or he is willing to do so kahit wala kayo sa germany.

If this topic is still "hot", give me a message. Some more information about the situation could be helpful as well.

gagz wrote:

What will happen if a filipina woman will get pregnant in germany? Not yet married and just have a student visa for 5 mons.

Congratulations, this is your ticket to German legal immigration! Do not worry at all, but for the time being keep it a secret from the PH embassy or German bureaucracy. They will not send you back after the pregnancy is well developed and you cannot fly. Germany need more babies and our laws and welfare system will give you and it special protection, care and help. A good contact is the Catholic charity CARITAS. They have local branches, hospitals and clinics everywhere, all free to expectant mothers and their babies.

Hope your baby has a responsible German father. If not, find a German man who will sign a “Vaterschaftserklärung” (paternity declaration). It's done at the local Jugendamt (youth office) or Standesamt (family registrar), is free and quick. (If you do not know anybody, I know some reliable volunteers: alkan (ät) hush.com ) If there is no known German father, the baby's citizenship is in doubt. German citizenship is not determined by place of birth but by the nationality of the parents. So, without a German father you are likely to be deported after the birth.

Don't worry about schools, they are all excellent and FREE, all the way from 4 months small to the last post-doctorate degree (no age limit).

Good luck to you and the babv!

Hello Dr Jerry and welcome to Expat.com!

This post is dated 2009 and is quite old. :)

Thank you for helping. :)

Aurélie