Reverse Engineering

Okay. Thanks in part (mostly actually) to this forum, another similar site and a good number of independant enquiries, I think I'm now well versed in all aspects of how to obtain residency and what life in Gozo / Malta entails. However, I'm a "small print" kind of guy and I also like to have a back up plan. So my question is this...............

If I discover that for whatever reason I've made the wrong choice, how do I go about returning to the status of a "UK" resident.

Now obviously I don't need telling to check the Easyjet schedule and sign up with UK letting agencies. I'm thinking of tax status, health care and all those administrative burdens that attach themselves to everyday life. Has anybody experienced this? Were there complications?

Oh. And please don't tell me to stay where I am if I'm not sure I'm gonna like it. I'm certain I'll love it, warts and all. But I like to know what's in store if things go wrong.

i dont know all the ins and outs for sure - but i think its just a matter of renouncing your resident status here returning your id card and residence certificate in writing (keepign copies), informing the tax authorities here, if your working here too and returning home, after settling all outstanding matters, contracts , bills etc here

Then contacting all the required agencies back in the uk providing them with evidence of your permanent return.

Many have done it but not sure if they did it the proper way in the first place never mind returning... so i will also be interested in the further comments..not that i am planning on returning anytime soon...love it here too much to even think of that.

its a good plan to think ahead on matters such as this..  good luck.