Finding friends

Hello!
I would like to know if you find it easy to get know Finnish people and get friends?

Hello hannaemilia & welcome to Expat.com!

Introducing yourself may be advantageous to you.;)

Harmonie.

Hi Harmonie!
And of course you are right.
I asked this question because I'm Finnish and I've always been thinking that finns aren't that easy to get know. We are a bit shy and we are not supersocial. I would just like to hear what kind of experiences people have about this.

Hi,

I am very much impressed with the helping nature of people here.
But, yes, it is difficult to make friends!

Subbu

Hi Hanna, i agree, it is not so easy to make friends here but let me know if you want to have a beer and i will be glad to invite you...

Javi

Hi,
Just read your blog and your Finnish.  Am finding it very difficult to meet people and o do day to day things.  I think its because I don't speak the language.  Were in Kuopio and most Finnish people keep themselves to themselves.

I really would love to meet new people, can you suggest anything that might help some new to FInland.

Lesley

Hi, IŽm new here...I hope find new friends in finland.
:)

Hi!
It is probably a bit hard to get know finns. You probably have to be the one to take the first step. Finns keep themselves to themselves and are also quite shy.
Do have any hobbies were you meet other people?
And maybe learning a bit of finnish wouldn't be a bad idea. Nobody expects you to speak perfect finnish but maybe it helps if you can tell some things about yourself in finnish(name, age, nation etc.) And if you would go to the finnish course that would be also one way to meet people.
And of course one way to get to know finns is to get drunk with them, that's what I've heard.
How long have you been living in Finland?

Hi Hanna, my name is funmi and am new on Expat.com. I love to make friends. Do you mind being one?